The Association for Institutional Research pledges to treat our members and consumers of our services with courtesy and respect. We take this pledge seriously enough to have incorporated specific standards of treatment into the association’s Constitution and Bylaws, which are listed below.
Individuals who believe they have not been treated according to these standards by anyone acting on behalf of AIR are requested to make their concerns known by contacting AIR Executive Director Randy Swing, Ph.D.
Mail – AIR Treatment of Members and Consumers
1435 E. Piedmont Drive, Suite 211, Tallahassee, Florida 32308
Email -- firstname.lastname@example.org
FAX – (850) 385-5180
Excerpt from the AIR Constitution and Bylaws, as adopted April 8, 2011
Article III: Membership
Section 1. Membership is available to all persons who are actively engaged in the field of institutional research and/or can benefit from the Association’s purposes stated in Article II.
Section 2. Membership, including participation in all Association activities and governance, is not based on age, color, handicap or disability, ethnic or national origin, race, religion, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Section 3. Membership types with differing dues and access to Association services will be defined by the Board of Directors in consultation with the membership.
Board Policy: Executive Limitations – Treatment of Consumers
With respect to interactions with consumers or those applying to be consumers, the CEO will not cause or allow conditions, procedures, or decisions that are unsafe, undignified, or unnecessarily intrusive.
The CEO will not:
1. Elicit information for which there is no clear necessity.
2. Use methods of collecting, reviewing, transmitting, or storing client information that fail to protect against improper access to the material elicited.
3. Operate facilities without appropriate accessibility and privacy.
4. Allow consumers to be unaware of what may be expected and what may not be expected from services.
5. Leave consumers uninformed of this policy, or without a way to be heard for persons who believe they have not been accorded a reasonable interpretation of their protections under this policy.
Board Policy: Executive Limitations – Treatment of Members
The CEO will not:
1. Cause or allow the inhibition of members’ participation, as appropriate, in Association functioning.
Notice to consumers: AIR services that collect financial information will use "https" in the URL to confirm that they are on a secure connection. Other non-sensitive information may or may not be on a secure connection as can be confirmed by "https" in the URL path of your browser. Additionally, AIR never stores consumer credit card numbers on our servers, but rather uses an end-to-end secure connection to process these transactions.