The application process for 2013 is closed.
The Edward Delaney Scholarship facilitates the professional growth and development of early career institutional research professionals by providing travel assistance to AIR’s annual Forum. Named for the benefactor, Edward Delaney served as AIR President from 1992-93, Forum Chair for the 1990 AIR Forum, and as a NCES/AIR Senior Fellow. One travel grant in the amount of $1,000 will be awarded to support costs associated with attending the 2013 AIR Forum, May 18-22 in Long Beach, CA.
To be considered for the award, applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Hold current year AIR membership
• Be currently employed in the IR field
• Have worked for less-than 3 years in a campus-based IR/assessment office (full or part-time)
• Have never attended the AIR Forum
In addition to verifying personal, demographic, and eligibility information, the following two documents are required for a complete application:
1. Essay (maximum 750 words) addressing the impact this award is expected to have on your professional development. The essay should be written for a blind review, which means that the essay should not include information that would personally identify you or your institutional affiliation. The essay should address each of the following prompts:
I. Briefly describe your current work in IR and provide a summary of your current skills.
II. What are three outcomes you hope to accomplish from your participation at the Forum?
III. What are your long-term career goals and how will your involvement with AIR and the Forum benefit you in this journey?
2. Letter of Support from your Supervisor approving your participation in the professional development activity.
The deadline for submitting applications is February 18, 2013 (11:59 PM EDT). Notification emails will be sent by March 18. If you have questions, please contact the AIR Scholarship Team at 850-385-4155 x109 or firstname.lastname@example.org