Continued thanks to IR in the Know contributors: Teri Lyn Hinds, Christine Keller, and Wendy L. Weiler.
Thank you to the April 2017 eAIR contributors, Kathy Coy, Omer Minhas, Talithia Williams, and Jim Woerhle,
Thank you to Amelia Parnell, James Hunt, and Timothy Bono for co-presenting Data for Everyone: How IPEDS Is Used Outside of IR Offices at the The 6th IPEDS Educators Web Conference held March 2nd.
Thank you to the members of the AIR Awards Committee for reviewing nominations and making recommendations to the AIR Board of Directors.
Thank you to our March eAIR contributors: Charles Blaich, Liying Cui, Kristin McKinley, Gary Lowe, and Kathy Wise.
Thank you to Ozan Jaquette, Assistant Professor, Higher Education and Organizational Change, UCLA Graduate School of Education & Information Studies, for presenting results from two studies at the fifth IPEDS Educators Web Conference held February 16, 2017.
Thank you to Duckwall Committee members Julie Alig, Natalie Solverson, Benjamin Wiles, and Krisztina Filep for their work to review applications and make recommendations for the Julia M. Duckwall and Edward Delaney Scholarship awards.
Thank you to Joe Curtin and Daniel Palmer who co-presented Best Practices in Data Visualization at the fourth IPEDS Educators Web Conference, January 26, 2017. The presentation leveraged IPEDS data sets to show how trends and institutional performance were graphically displayed in a clear and concise manner.
Thank you to our eAIR contributors: Sonia Brandon, Christina Butler, Adam Gismondi, Jolene Hamm, Molly Isaacson, Marilyn Mackes, Nancy Thomas, and Kimberly Thompson.
AIR thanks Mary Ann Coughlin, Archie Cubarrubia, Peter Ewell, Jonathan Gagliardi, Brian Noland, Donna Norwood, Brian Prescott, and Sutee Sujitparapitaya for their thoughtful assistance in the initial stages of development of the Duties & Functions of Institutional Research.
Thank you to all the AIR members who shared their insights via Forum focus groups related to the Duties & Functions of Institutional Research: Eric Atchison, Angela Bell, Charlie Blaich, Julie Carpenter-Hubin, Chris Cullander, Jeremy Goodman, Braden Hosch, Pearl Iboshi, Christine Keller, Jillian Kinzie, Bill Knight, Michael Le, Terri Manning, Jamey Rorison, Bill Schneider, Tim Stanley, and Christina Whitfield.
Thank you to our eAIR contributors: Eric Lovik, Jimmy Roberts, Ainur Satekova, and Michael Wrona.
Continued thanks to IR in the Know contributors, Teri Lyn Hinds, Christine Keller, and Wendy L. Weiler.
- Thank you to the @NEAIR_IR social media superstars whose work was featured in this month’s eAIR story on social media and IR: Michelle Appel, Angela Carlson-Bancroft, Elizabeth Clune-Kneuer, Diana Danelian, Claire Goverts, Shawn LaRoche, Dan Larson, Melanie Larson, Paula Maas, and Mark Palladin.
- AIR extends a thank you to Sara Appel, Jennifer Dahlquist, and Mary Roberson from the Midwestern Higher Education Compact (MHEC) for sharing their work on the Multi-State Collaborative on Military Credit (MCMC) program and reaching out to the IR community to join forces with them in this important work with military students. AIR also thanks Rosa Belerique, Grace Engen, Waddell Herron, Pat O’Rourke, Thomas Sanford, Maribel Vivero, and Rebecca Wood for their interest in collaborating to use data and information to serve the needs of military students in higher education.
- Thank you to eAIR contributors: Eric Atchison, Mary Ann Coughlin, Cinnamon Danube, Angela Henderson, Braden Hosch, Iryna Johnson, Jason Lewis, Christopher Pena, Kristina Powers, and Leah Ross.
AIR thanks the respondents to the recent membership benefits survey and eAIR feedback survey.
Thank you to Bao Le, IPEDS Survey Director at NCES, for serving as the second 2016-17 IPEDS Educator Web Conference presenter. Bao’s presentation focused on an overview and demonstration of the new College Map tool.
Thank you to eAIR contributors Sara Appel, Scott Baumler, Rachel Boon, Gayle Fink, and Rita Xiaoyan Liu, as well as those mentioned in the November eAIR Digital Pass feature: Julie Bryant, Katherine Coy, Marcia Finch, Laura Fingerson, Susannah McCormick, Stacy Vlahakis, and Xiaohui Zheng.
Thank you to Kim Dancy, Policy Analyst with the Education Policy program at New America, for serving as the first 2016-17 IPEDS Educator Web Conference presenter. New America’s Education Policy program uses original research and policy analysis to help solve the nation’s critical education problems, crafting objective analyses and suggesting new ideas for policymakers, educators, and the public at large. Kim’s presentation focused on recent projects with which she has been involved that utilized IPEDS data.
Sandi Bramblett and Jill Triplett joined the AIR Executive Office as panelists for a presentation entitled A Practical Guide to the AIR Statement of Aspirational Practice for IR at the recent SAIR conference in Charlotte, North Carolina. Thank you for your contributions to the conversation about the future of institutional research.
Thanks to our eAIR contributors: Kris Altucher, Dale Amburgey, Sarah Bauer, Yi Cao, Marlene Clapp, Liana Crisan-Vandeborne, Thomas Harnisch, Mark Howse, Chris Hubbard Jackson, Heather Kelly, Sundra Kincey, Mark Leany, Renate Otterbach, Wen Qi, Franz Reneau, and Jessica Steinmann.
The AIR Executive Office thanks the 21 people who graciously took time out of their busy schedules to pilot test two new online courses focused on educating IPEDS Keyholders.
Thank you to eAIR contributors, Eric Atchison, Ruan Hoe, Kevork Horissian, Sam Michalowski, Emma Morgan, Barry Nagle, Arie Spirgel, Yuerong Sweetland, Yan Wang, Shuguang Wei, and Faxian Yang.
AIR thanks Wes Avett, Pamela Federline, Brian Miller, Bill Schneider, and all of the working group members for the invitation to participate in the panel session and working group discussions at the North Carolina Community College Excellence in Research and Analytics Summit held on August 2nd at the SAS Executive Briefing Center. It was a wonderful opportunity to discuss the promotion and enhancement of IR capacity.
Thank you to eAIR contributors: Dale Amburgey, Valerie Holton, Kevork Horissian, Shawn LaRoche, Bill Schneider, and Kathleen Shaw.
AIR thanks the 209 respondents to the recent membership benefits survey, and 153 repondents to the recent eAIR feedback survey.
Thank you to the following presenters for thier work on dashboard videos featured in the Digital Pass:Marin Clarkberg, Marne Einarson, Ozlem Kacira, Mark Leany, Robert Loveridge, David Purkiss, Annette Royal, Jessica Shedd, and Tim Stanley.
Thank you to all members for your thoughts and understanding as AIR has dealt with the fire and subsequent office transition.
- Thank you to eAIR contributors: Jeremy Goodman, Patricia Gregg, Ishuan Li, and Craig This.
Continued thanks to IR in the Know contributors Teri Lyn Hinds, Christine M. Keller, Christopher Mullin, Wendy L. Weiler, and Eric Yang.
AIR thanks the numerous NCES staff that contributed to the success of our two face-to-face trainings conducted in June in Washington, DC - the Institute for IPEDS Educators (IIE) and the NCES Data Institute (NDI). Both events provide meaningful and important hands-on training to those out in the field. Many NCES staff pulled double-duty during a busy time of year.
The AIR IPEDS Team thanks all those that have served and continue to serve on the online keyholder courses team through the initial content development process, review process, and pilot testing.
- Thank you to June eAIR contributors: Marin Clarkberg, Archie Cubarrubia, Sally Gerlach, Garry Hansen, and David Vintinner.
A big thank you from the Meetings and Events team to everyone that helped make the 2016 AIR Forum a success including: the Forum Advisory Group, Forum Strategy Committee, Forum Program Committee, Facilitators, Dinner Group Hosts, and Presenters.
Thank you to Eric Atchison, Gayle Fink, Michelle Hall, Dawn Kenney, Raj Malhotra, and Katie Zaback for sharing their knowledge at the AIR Forum Graduate Student Gathering.
- AIR thanks all those who volunteered to serve as hosts for the First Forum breakfast: Cliff Adelman, Eric Atchison, Andrea Brown, Chris Cullander, Marne Einarson, Shari Ellertson, David Eubanks, Erika Farfan, Laura Fingerson, Gayle Fink, Denise Gardner, Eric Godin, Jeremy Goodman, Michelle Hall, Angela Henderson, Mimi Johnson, Wendy Kallina, Kara Larkan-Skinner, Michael Le, Jan Lyddon, Raj Malhotra, Laura Palucki Blake, Gary Pike, Brian Prescott, Jessica Shedd, Kirsten Skillrud, Tim Stanley, Mike Wrona, Eric Yang, Kristin Yates, and Katie Zaback.
Sandi Bramblett, Jeremy Goodman, Michele Hansen, Patrick Perry, Kristina Powers, Patrick Rossol-Allison, and Tim Stanley participated in two Forum sessions entitled It Started with One Conversation: A Practical Guide to the Statement of Aspirational Practice for IR. Thank you for sharing your perspectives, engaging in dialog about the future of IR, and addressing opportunities and challenges in the current higher education landscape.
Cliff Adelman, Phil Baty, Vic Borden, David Carroll, Charles Mathies, and Karen Webber engaged in discussion of assessment of the student experience at the Global Gatheringsession at Forum. Thank you for sharing insights and updates from a variety of regions around the world.
Ann Gansemer-Topf, Angela Henderson, Gary Pike, Kristina Powers, and Sharron Ronco shared their insights as editors and authors at the Scholarly Writing session at Forum. Thank you for providing information about a variety of publications, answering prospective authors’ questions, and offering candid advice about the scholarly writing process.
AIR expresses gratitude to the members of the 2016 Forum Program and Strategy Committees who helped shape the structure and content of this year’s Forum. Program Committee: Eric Atchison, Laura Fingerson, Angela Henderson, Wendy Kallina, Raldy Laguilles, Erez Lenchner, Christopher Pena, and Jessica Sharkness. Strategy Committee: Cinnamon Danube, Erika Farfan, Daniel Jones-White, Raj Malhotra, Kristin Moser, Mark Salisbury, Kathy Schmidtke-Felts, and Alice Van Ommeren.
- AIR thanks the May 2016 eAIR contributors: Cliff Adelman, Lee Allard, Meridith Drzakowski, Dhushy Sathianathan, and Leslie Wasson.
- Thank you to Victor Borden for leading the 8th IPEDS Educators web conference on April 21.
AIR expresses great appreciation for the panelists and presenters who participated in the IR Summit in March: Jennifer Engle, Jonathan Gagliardi, Christine Keller, Jillian Kinzie, George Mehaffy, Libby Morris, Amelia Parnell, Kent Phillippe, Chris Rasmussen, Patrick Rossol-Allison, Louis Soares, Kevin Stevenson, Randy Swing, and Jennifer Wells.
- Thank you to the IR in the Know contributors for first quarter 2016: Teri Lyn Hinds, Christine Keller, Wendy Weiler, and Eric Yang.
- Thank you to Tara Lawley, NCES, Robert Kelchen, Seton Hall University, and John Lee, Florida Agricultural & Mechanical University for leading recent IPEDS Educator Web Conferences.
- Thank you to eAIR contributors Dale Amburgey, Sandi Bramblett, Ben Castleman, Dai Li, and Gary Lowe.
- Thank you to Duckwall Committee members Julie Alig, Marilyn Blaustein, Bethany Butson, and Lydia Snover for their work to review applications and make recommendations for the Julia M. Duckwall and Edward Delaney Scholarship awards.
- A big thank you to all AIR members and friends who, through their generous contributions, have made the AIR 50th anniversary celebration such a success.
AIR expresses great appreciation for Amelia Parnell and Kristina Powers, whose contributions to the planning, exploration, and foundational work were instrumental in the development of the Statement of Aspirational Practice for Institutional Research.
- Thank you to the IR in the Know contributors for 4th quarter 2015: Teri Lyn Hinds, Christine Keller, Wendy L. Weiler, and Eric (Zhao) Yang.
- Thank you to eAIR contributors: Craig Abbey, Heather Friesen, Dani Molina, Andrew Morse, Meg Sidle, and Craig This.
- Thank you to Jamie Isaac, RTI, for leading the November IPEDS Trainers Web Conference.
Thank you to eAIR contributors: Lenore Benefield, Jeff Cornett, Hannah Spirrison, and Jim Woehrle.
A big thank you to all members who have contributed to the AIR History page.
Thanks to John Barnshaw, American Association of University Professors (AAUP), who led the October IPEDS Trainers Web Conference.
- The AIR Executive Office recently invited AIR members to “crowd source” an inventory of data and IR capacities that support and improve student success. To date, 220 members have provided 830 ideas and suggestions. The feedback garnered has been very helpful as we work to identify the necessary capacities for the field of institutional research. Thank you.
Thank you to eAIR contributors: Felice Billups, Shari Ellertson, Carolyn Gould, Angela Henderson, Gigi Jones, Michael Le, Marty Mullholland, Kristina Powers, and Nick Warcholak.
The AIR Executive Office thanks Julie Carpenter-Hubin for her great work on the new AIR Governance Positions brochure. This document provides potential nominees with the history of AIR’s governance structure, information on roles and requirements, and time commitments associated with Board service.
Thank you to Dave Becher and Denise Nadassen for leading the September IPEDS Trainers Web Conference.
Continued thanks to IR in the Know contributors: Teri Lyn Hinds, Christine Keller, Wendy L. Weiler, and Zhao Yang.
Thank you to our eAIR contributors: Julie Atwood, Kang Bai, Becky Bell, Annie Davis Weber, Bobby Sharp, and Ying Zhou.
Many thanks to Braden Hosch for leading the IPEDS Trainers Web Conference in August.
Thank you to eAIR contributors Jennifer Dunseath, Lisa Haynes, John Pryor, and Arie Spirgel.
During the 2014-2015 membership year, 89 members provided reviews of a variety of material for AIR Publications, including submissions to Professional File and eAIR. AIR thanks all peer reviewers for their thoughtful feedback.
The AIR Executive Office is grateful to those who recently participated in the Ends Advisory Committee meeting: Mary Ann Coughlin, Gina Johnson, Jillian Kinsey, Rob Shomaker, and Tim Stanley.
- AIR thanks the following individuals who recently joined the Executive Office for a conversation about Defining Institutional Research and Data Capacities: Wes Avett, Courtney Brown, Keith Brown, Bill Campman, Jeff Davies, Peter Ewell, Susan Grajek, Matt Hamill, Kristen Hodge-Clark, Gina Johnson, Christine Keller, Jillian Kinzie, Drew Koch, Bill Law, Libby Morris, Andrew Morse, Amelia Parnell, Greg Perfetto, Patrick Perry, Mary Ellen Petrisko, Dave Raney, Mike Reilly, Karen Stout, Michael Taft, Jim Trainer, Mamie Voight, Jane Wellman, and David Yaskin. We appreciate your time and contributions.
Thank you to eAIR contributors: Emily Burke, Stella Carter, Joe Duggan, Terra Schehr, Tim Stanley, and Grace Sun.
Thank you to the cohort of IPEDS Trainers
for the 2014-15 data collection cycle who assisted AIR with the development of IPEDS resources and presented IPEDS workshops around the country.
Continued thanks to the IR in the Know contributors Teri Lyn Hinds, Christine Keller, and Zhao Yang.
Thank you to the individuals who took leading roles at the recent Institute for IPEDS Educators in Washington, DC, including Eric Atchison, Amy Ballagh, Sam Barbett, Amy Barmer, Kristina Cragg Powers, Charlotte Etier, Moussa Ezzeddine, Donyell Francis, Kurt Gunnell, Ruba Hay, Braden Hosch, Gigi Jones, Sandra Kinney, Yvonne Kirby, Tara Lawley, Bao Le, Erez Lenchner, Andrew Mary, Stefanie McDonald, Richard Reeves, and Joseph Stankovich.
Thank you to eAIR contributors Dale Amburgey, Eric Atchison, and Nick Bowman.
AIR thanks Forum Workshop Presenters, Session Facilitators, Discussion Group Facilitators, Engage! Session Presenters, and @First Forum Leaders. You can find the full list of names here.
AIR recognizes Sharron Ronco for her continued service as Coordinating Editor of Professional File, and expresses appreciation for her leadership of the recently released 2015 Spring volume of the journal.
The AIR Executive Office is grateful for the contributions of the institutions that piloted the Statement of Aspirational Practice for IR in April and May 2015: Bridgepoint Education; Elgin Community College; Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis; Olin College of Engineering; Spelman College; Spokane Falls Community College; University of Denver; University of Nevada, Las Vegas; University of Wisconsin-Stout; and Utah Valley University.
Thank you to eAIR contributors, Damien Allen, Shari Ellertson, Erin Holmes, Eric Lovik, and Jessica Shedd.
Many thanks to the Board Nominations and Election Advisory Committee, for their work in late April/early May on reviewing the nominations and election process and determining its alignment to policy governance, as well as reviewing recent election data. Members of the committee include Gayle Fink, Gary Pike, and past Nominations and Elections Committee Chairs under Policy Governance, Sandi Bramblett, Jennifer Brown, Julie Carpenter-Hubin, and James Trainer.
Thank you to Marcos Velazquez, Henry Hernandez, and Maureen Maloney, for leading IPEDS Trainers Web Conferences in April (Marcos) and May (Henry and Maureen).
Thank you to eAIR contributors Emily Burke, Emme Deland, Robert Dilane, Jessica Ickes, Bill Knight, Shawn LaRoche, Eric Lovik, and Terry McCamish.
The AIR Executive Office thanks the following members for participating in the Statement of Aspirational Practice for IR pilot site team leader orientation meeting: Meridith Drzakowski, Jeremy Goodman, Michele Hansen, Joseph Hoey, Sally Jackson, Gina Johnson, David Rudden, Tim Stanley, Sutee Sujitparapitaya, and Jill Triplett.
Many thanks to Laura Horn, Jenny Liu, David Radwin, Hank Robinson, and Rita Sterkel for leading the IPEDS Trainer Web Conferences in March.
Thank you to eAIR contributors Rebecca Garland, Lindsey Guinn, Angela Henderson, and Roger Schwarz.
The Executive Office extends their thanks to those who responded to the eAIR Satisfaction Survey in February and March.
Thank you to this quarter’s IR in the Know contributors hank you to this quarter’s IR in the Know contributors Teri Lyn Hinds, Christine Keller, and Zhao Yang
The Executive Office would like to thank Nominations and Elections Committee members Sandi Bramblett, Michelle Appel, Timothy Chow, Jan Lyddon, Soon Merz, Kathy Schmidtke Felts, and Rick Voorhees for reviewing and certifying the 2015 AIR Election results.
The Executive Office thanks Lincoln Holmes, President of the Texas Association for Institutional Research (TAIR), Mary Barton, Program Chair, and Soon Merz for inviting Randy Swing, Christopher Coogan, and Darlena Jones to attend the TAIR 2015
conference. Congratulations on a successful event!
Thank you to eAIR contributors Lee Allard, Amber Dumford, Claire Goverts, Angie Miller, and Satoko Fukahori.
Thank you to the 2015 Duckwall and Delaney Scholarship committee members for their work to review scholarship applications: Bethany Butson, Jennifer Brown, Michelle Hall, and Lydia Snover.
The Executive Office staff thanks the 203 members who participated in the member interview project.
Thanks to Braden Hosch and Victor Borden for participating in the 1st International Conference on Higher Education and Innovation sponsored by Sung Kyun Kwan University in South Korea.
Thank you to eAIR contributors Steven Graunke, Danielle Taylor, and Jamie Taylor.