8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Workshop seats are allocated on a first-come, first served basis.
The Association for Institutional Research (AIR) and the Mississippi Association for Institutional Research (MAIR) are co-hosting a one-day IPEDS Workshop for IPEDS for data providers and users. Funding for this workshop is provided by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Best Practices for Reporting and Using IPEDS Data to Improve Office Efficiencies
This recently redesigned workshop provides intermediate-level keyholder training, and is specifically designed for individuals who have led IPEDS data submissions at their institutions for at least one full reporting cycle. It features best practices in IR, as well as technical efficiencies in data management through Excel and in review and submission of IPEDS survey data. The workshop expands on the use of IPEDS data for benchmarking to address key institutional questions and needs. Participants should have experience with the “Use the Data” section of the NCES website, and a working knowledge of Excel.
- Held at the Embassy Suites, 200 Township Ave, Ridgeland, MS
- Includes six hours of instruction and workshop materials
- No tuition charge to participants
This workshop is limited to 45 participants. Workshop seats are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Seat confirmations are delivered via email on a rolling basis approximately 3 business days after an online seat registration is submitted.
Workshop registration components:
- Contact and employment information
- IPEDS Experience
- Brief description of how the specific curriculum offered at the workshop will benefit you
- Supervisor's Contact Information (for Workshop attendance acknowledgement communication)
- Agreement to:
- Bring a MAC or PC laptop with wireless capability and Microsoft Excel
- Arrange and pay for travel and hotel as needed
- Attend the entire workshop and complete the workshop evaluation
- Notify AIR immediately if unable to attend the workshop
Note: If you have any special needs addressed by the American with Disabilities Act, please contact the IPEDS Workshop Team at 850-385-4155 x2 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org