9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
The Association for Institutional Research (AIR) and CUNY John Jay College are co-hosting 4, half-day IPEDS Workshops for data providers and users at CUNY John Jay College. Financial support for these workshops is provided by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES). Participants may register for 1 morning workshop and 1 afternoon workshop - see calendar for available options.
IPEDS Student Financial Aid Training
This workshop provides foundational training for completing the IPEDS Student Financial Aid Survey using an integrated approach to managing, storing, and extracting financial aid data required for survey completion. Topics include an overview of financial aid concepts and how they intersect IPEDS, how to effectively create frozen data files from enrollment and financial aid systems, how to use these files to answer the respective sections of the survey, and how the files can be leveraged to address additional internal reporting needs. The workshop concludes with exercises focused on how IPEDS financial aid data are used for external purposes as well as for internal benchmarking.
- Held at the CUNY John Jay College – 524 W. 59th Street - New York, NY
- Includes three hours of instruction and workshop materials
- No tuition charge to participants
RegistrationThis workshop is limited to 45 participants. Workshop seats are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Seat confirmations are delivered via email on a rolling basis approximately 3 business days after an online seat registration is submitted. Workshop registration components:
- Contact and employment information
- IPEDS Experience
- Brief description of how the specific curriculum offered at the workshop will benefit you
- Supervisor's Contact Information (for Workshop attendance acknowledgement communication)
- Agreement to:
- Bring a MAC or PC laptop with wireless capability and Microsoft Excel
- Arrange and pay for travel and hotel as needed
- Attend the entire workshop and complete the workshop evaluation
- Notify AIR immediately if unable to attend the workshop
Note: If you have any special needs addressed by the American with Disabilities Act, please contact the IPEDS Workshop Team at 850-385-4155 x2 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org