This is a two-part webinar series on August 6th and 13th
Regardless of the tool used, there are a variety of cognitive and perceptual characteristics that can be used to improve a data visualization. Certain visual items are processed faster and are more intuitively clear, while others can slow down your audience’s ability to understand your point or can conceal your point entirely. This webinar series teaches you how visualizations are processed by the human brain and how you can make your visualizations clearer and easier to understand.
As a result of this webinar, participants will:
- Be able to articulate the difference between preattentive and sequential perception, why that difference matters, and what types of visual elements take advantage of each type of processing
- Be able to articulate what Gestalt Principles bring to our understanding of data visualizations
- Understand techniques to make visualizations clearer and easier to comprehend
- One registration may be used in a conference room setting to share with a group of colleagues.
- Registration closes 30 minutes prior to the webinar.
Registered participants will have access to the recorded webinars once the series concludes.
Pricing: $140/$160 (Member/Non-member)