July 13, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. ET
This workshop teaches the basic principles of data and data management in the context of higher education. We explore the several types of data, where those data are located within an institution, how data are governed, the sources of internal and external data, and how data are stored and accessed. Participants new to higher education data will be served easy-to-understand information and those needing a refresher will find useful tips.
As a result of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Articulate the types of data and the four levels of measurement.
- Understand common data-related higher education terminology.
- Identify sources of administrative, non-administrative, and external data.
- Describe basic concepts related to data governance and management.
- 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. ET workshop
- 12–1 p.m. ET lunch break
- 1–3 p.m. ET workshop
- $200/$250 (members/nonmembers)
Registration for this workshop closes July 11, 2021.