September 21, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. ET
This workshop provides foundational training for completing the IPEDS Student Financial Aid Survey using an integrated approach to managing, storing, and extracting financial aid data required for survey completion. Topics include an overview of financial aid concepts and how they intersect IPEDS, how to effectively create frozen data files from enrollment and financial aid systems, how to use these files to answer the respective sections of the survey, and how the files can be leveraged to address additional internal reporting needs. The workshop concludes with exercises focused on how IPEDS financial aid data are used for external purposes as well as for internal benchmarking.
- Complete the IPEDS Student Financial Aid Survey accurately and effectively
- Describe the function of financial aid in U.S. higher education and explain financial aid concepts (types, source, programs, etc.) as well as basic principles of financial aid administration
- Explain how financial aid concepts are used in IPEDS
- Describe and discuss the importance of adopting an integrated approach to survey completion
- Construct a system for ‘freezing’ appropriate data and using a ‘frozen file’ for multiple financial aid reporting uses
- Describe how the data reported in the IPEDS Financial Aid Survey are used
This workshop is available at no charge to participants. Funding for this workshop is provided by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
If you have any special needs addressed by the American with Disabilities Act, please contact the IPEDS Workshop Team at 850-385-4155 x2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.