Webinar: January 20, 2–3 p.m. ET
Pricing: FREE $0 members/$0 nonmembers
This webinar will provide background on the history of the federal government’s data collection from higher education institutions including the shifting purposes of the data collection and the influence legislation and regulations have had on it over time. It will also provide an overview of the different influencers in the federal higher education public policy arena and how they engage and use data to influence policy. The webinar will conclude with a discussion of how data policy changes affect institutional researchers’ work and how IR professionals can become more engaged in these policy decisions that impact them and their institutions.
As a result of this webinar, participants will:
- Be familiar with the major pieces of federal legislation that impact data collection from postsecondary institutions.
- Be familiar with the federal government processes for gathering feedback on potential changes to data collection and how to engage.
- Understand the different organizations that influence policy conversations at the federal level.
- Be able to take information about potential changes in data collection and use it to lead conversations on your campus.
- Registration closes 60 minutes prior to the webinar.
- Registered participants will have access to the webinar recording for 30 days following the live event.