1:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The Association for Institutional Research (AIR) and CUNY John Jay College are co-hosting 4, half-day IPEDS Workshops for data providers and users at CUNY John Jay College. Financial support for these workshops is provided by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES). Participants may register for 1 morning workshop and 1 afternoon workshop - see calendar for available options.
IPEDS Data and Benchmarking: Supporting Decision Making and Institutional Effectiveness
This workshop introduces the fundamentals of benchmarking as a measure of institutional effectiveness. It is designed for individuals with little to no experience in benchmarking studies. Participants use data from the IPEDS Surveys, Data Feedback Reports, and the “Use of Data” section of the NCES website to learn about the types of comparison groups that can be constructed. Exercises demonstrate establishment of key performance indicators (KPIs) and identification of variables to refine comparison groups.
- Held at the CUNY John Jay College – 524 W. 59th Street - New York, NY
- Includes three hours of instruction and workshop materials
- No tuition charge to participants
RegistrationThis workshop is limited to 45 participants. Workshop seats are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Seat confirmations are delivered via email on a rolling basis approximately 3 business days after an online seat registration is submitted. Workshop registration components:
- Contact and employment information
- IPEDS Experience
- Brief description of how the specific curriculum offered at the workshop will benefit you
- Supervisor's Contact Information (for Workshop attendance acknowledgement communication)
- Agreement to:
- Bring a MAC or PC laptop with wireless capability and Microsoft Excel
- Arrange and pay for travel and hotel as needed
- Attend the entire workshop and complete the workshop evaluation
- Notify AIR immediately if unable to attend the workshop
Note: If you have any special needs addressed by the American with Disabilities Act, please contact the IPEDS Workshop Team at 850-385-4155 x2 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org