8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
The Association for Institutional Research (AIR) and the Lone Star College System Office are co-hosting a full-day IPEDS Workshop for IPEDS data providers and users. Funding for this workshop is provided by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Morning Session – 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
IPEDS Student Financial Aid Training
This workshop provides foundational training for completing the IPEDS Student Financial Aid Survey using an integrated approach to managing, storing, and extracting financial aid data required for survey completion. Topics include an overview of financial aid concepts and how they intersect IPEDS, how to effectively create frozen data files from enrollment and financial aid systems, how to use these files to answer the respective sections of the survey, and how the files can be leveraged to address additional internal reporting needs. The workshop concludes with exercises focused on how IPEDS financial aid data are used for external purposes as well as for internal benchmarking.
Afternoon Session – 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
IPEDS Data and Benchmarking: Supporting Decision Making and Institutional Effectiveness
This workshop introduces the fundamentals of benchmarking as a measure of institutional effectiveness. It is designed for individuals with little to no experience in benchmarking studies. Participants use data from the IPEDS Surveys, Data Feedback Reports, and the “Use of Data” section of the NCES website to learn about the types of comparison groups that can be constructed. Exercises demonstrate establishment of key performance indicators (KPIs) and identification of variables to refine comparison groups.
- Location: Lone Star College – University Park – 20515 TX 249, Houston, TX 77070
- Includes workshop materials
- No tuition charge to participants
This workshop is limited to 45 participants. Workshop seats are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Seat confirmations are delivered via email on a rolling basis approximately 3 business days after an online seat registration is submitted. Workshop registration components:
- Contact and employment information
- IPEDS Experience
- Brief description of how the specific curriculum offered at the workshop will benefit you
- Supervisor's Contact Information (for Workshop attendance acknowledgement communication)
- Agreement to:
- Bring a MAC or PC laptop with wireless capability and Microsoft Excel
- Arrange and pay for travel and hotel as needed
- Attend the entire workshop and complete the workshop evaluation
- Notify AIR immediately if unable to attend the workshop
Note: If you have any special needs addressed by the American with Disabilities Act, please contact the IPEDS Workshop Team at 850-385-4155 x2 or e-mail email@example.com.