1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
The Association for Institutional Research (AIR) and Wisconsin Colleges and Universities are co- hosting an IPEDS Workshop for IPEDS data providers and users. Funding for this workshop is provided by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
IPEDS Human Resources Training
This workshop prepares individuals to accurately complete the IPEDS Human Resources (HR) survey. It is designed for IR and human resources professionals, as well as other researchers or administrators who want to increase their understanding of these data. Topics include preparing data to increase consistency within the survey, understanding data definitions, classification of employees and alignment of employee function with Bureau of Labor Statistics Standard Occupation Classification (SOC) codes, coordination of effort between stakeholders in and outside of an institution, and planning for efficacy of data beyond the IPEDS HR survey itself. Exercises cover classifying employees properly, preparing for and completing the IPEDS HR survey, and benchmarking with commonly used employee metrics.
- Location:Lawrence University - 711 E. Boldt Way, Suite 1, Appleton, WI
- Includes workshop materials
- No tuition charge to participants
The workshops are limited to 45 participants. Workshop seats are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Seat confirmations are delivered via email on a rolling basis approximately 3 business days after an online seat registration is submitted.
Workshop registration components:
- Contact and employment information
- IPEDS Experience
- Brief description of how the specific curriculum offered at the workshop will benefit you
- Supervisor's Contact Information (for Workshop attendance acknowledgement communication)
- Agreement to:
- Bring a MAC or PC laptop with wireless capability and Microsoft Excel
- Arrange and pay for travel and hotel as needed
- Attend the entire workshop and complete the workshop evaluation
- Notify AIR immediately if unable to attend the workshop
Note: If you have any special needs addressed by the American with Disabilities Act, please contact the IPEDS Workshop Team at 850-385-4155 x2 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.