Our field and our institutions require leaders who understand, embrace, and contribute to data-informed decision-making with urgency, care, and evidence. Developing as leaders and growing beyond management roles requires time and dedication to cultivate skills, knowledge, and mindsets.
In this course, we explore how higher education data professionals—including those from institutional research (IR), institutional effectiveness (IE), and assessment—can prepare to make the jump to serve as leaders within their institutions, the profession, and beyond.
This type of leadership development requires dedication and time to learn new things and to unlearn what we think we already know. This course incorporates both virtual and face-to-face opportunities to provide that time and space for participants with the guidance of experienced facilitator-mentors.
Pre-seminar meeting, seminar, and post-seminar meetings
- Late July or Early August: 1.5-hour virtual meeting and readings/activities
- August 11–12: 1.5 day in-person gathering in Washington, D.C.
- September 2022 – January 2023: Monthly 1.5-hour virtual meetings
Participants in this course will:
- Receive certificates of completion, formal letters of acknowledgement to their institution leaders, and public recognition by AIR
- Be poised to think differently about their roles, career trajectories, and contributions to their institutions
- Be well-suited to assist in leadership of their institutions as higher education continues to adapt and mature with approaches to data
- Be encouraged to form professional relationships with one another to build trusted networks for future conversations and opportunities
- Early (before June 30): $650 members/$800 nonmembers
- Regular (after June 30): $800 members/$900 nonmembers
Visit the course page for more information.