Foundations of Effective Reporting
May 16, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. ET
This workshop explores the visual, written, and organizational elements of effective reporting. In this course, we provide some tips for reporting, explore how to construct a data story, how to write an executive summary, and some tips for visualizations. Participants new to reporting will be served easy-to-understand information and those needing a refresher will find useful tips.
As a result of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Articulate the principles of data storytelling.
- Create a data story using a data table or chart.
- Identify common types of data visualizations, when to use them, and common pitfalls.
- Describe the various audiences for a report and identify their reporting needs.
- 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. ET workshop
- 1–2 p.m. ET lunch break
- 2–4 p.m. ET workshop
- Space is limited to 25 participants per workshop. Seating is allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Each registration grants workshop access to one participant.
- $200/$250 (members/nonmembers)
Registration closes May 14 or when seating capacity is reached.