FAQ

pageheaderbkg-wide

At Forum

• Q: What is the Code of Conduct?

A: AIR invites you to attend the AIR Forum, our annual conference, in the collegial spirit of learning, sharing, and networking with open-mindedness and respect. Attendees must behave responsibly at all events. Threatening physical or verbal actions; disorderly or disruptive conduct; and harassment, sexual or otherwise, will not be tolerated. Such behavior may result in removal from the meeting, denial of access to meeting facilities, and other penalties. Conference fees will not be refunded if one is removed from the conference for violating this code.

Learn More

• Q: What meals are included with registration?

A: Two meals are included in your registration fee: breakfast on Wednesday and brunch on Friday. A welcome reception, a networking reception, and dessert break are also scheduled during the Exhibit Hall hours and light snacks are provided.

• Q: May I bring my laptop?

A: Yes. Charging stations will be available in the Exhibit Hall. However, please note that most sessions are set in theater-style seating. This means you may not have a surface on which to place your laptop during a session.

• Q: Will I have access to Wi-Fi?

A: Yes! Complimentary Wi-Fi will be made available throughout the Forum at the Hyatt Regency New Orleans. You will receive the password onsite.

• Q: What is the dress code at AIR Forum 2020?

A: Business casual is the usual dress for the Forum. May in New Orleans has an average high temperature of 85 degrees, and an average low temperature of 68 degrees. Be sure to pack a light jacket or sweater since meeting rooms can be chilly. Note: humidity levels in New Orleans tend to increase throughout the month of May.

• Q: What are my opportunities for networking?

A: The Exhibit Hall, AIR's networking hub, provides ample opportunity to meet and mingle with colleagues on Wednesday and Thursday during Exhibit Hall hours.  

Activities in the Exhibit Hall include a Welcome Reception on Tuesday May 26 from 4:45pm-6:45pm, a Networking Reception on Wednesday May 27 from 4:00pm-5:00pm, coffee and dessert breaks, and lunch hours. A variety of food outlets are available within the hotel and nearby.  

Poster sessions are also located in the Exhibit Hall and provide opportunities for discussion and conversation while learning about the latest research through visual displays.  

While you are networking, remember to visit our sponsor booths and learn about the latest tools and services for IR and related fields, and gain new partners for success.  

Dinner groups hosted by AIR members provide additional opportunities for networking and are scheduled on Tuesday May 26th 7:30pm. Anyone can organize a dinner group, and AIR staff can help with location suggestions and reservations. Additionally, many regional and state affiliated organizations (AOs) host dinner groups after their meetings at 6:00 p.m. on either Wednesday or Thursday. 

• Q: With so many choices, how do I plan my Forum schedule?

A: All registered attendees will receive access to an online scheduling tool that contains information about all the 300+ Forum educational presentations, posters, and discussion groups, plus workshops and networking events. The web-based program will help you build your Forum schedule with user-friendly tools to search for specific sessions, sign up to facilitate a session, and even download presentation materials as they become available. 

To navigate through the many session options, you can search by day, session type, and topic areas. After you have completed the process, simply access the completed schedule on a laptop or tablet, via the mobile App, or print it out. Schedules can be changed at any time, and notes can be added for each session. The session listing will be posted online in late-March/early-April and the mobile App will be available for download in May. 

• Q: I will need accommodations to fully participate in the conference. How do I inquire about these arrangements?

A: If you have a disability and require accommodations to fully participate in the Forum, please email forum@airweb.org. You will be contacted to discuss your specific needs.

• Q: Are there accommodations for nursing mothers?

A: Yes. Please visit the Forum registration desk on site to inquire about these options.

• Q: What is the Exhibit Hall and what does it offer attendees?

A: Many exciting events and opportunities will take place in the Exhibit Hall, the AIR Forum networking hub and product resource center. Visiting the Exhibit Hall is considered an essential part of the Forum experience. The Exhibit Hall is open Tuesday and Thursday. Visit sponsor booths and discover innovative products and services useful for higher education professionals, and: 

• Attend the Welcome Reception
    • Learn by attending compelling poster sessions
    • Refresh yourself by enjoying a coffee break
    • Enjoy the scheduled networking reception and dessert break
    • Recharge your devices at the charging stations
    • Create lasting memories at the photo booth
    • Connect with colleagues during the lunch hour
  • Q: Who do I contact with any questions I may have?
    A: For specific or general Forum related questions, visit the Contact Us page.

Transportation

• Q: How do I get to and from the conference location?
    A: For 2020, all workshops, meetings, and events associated with the Forum are located at the Hyatt Regency New Orleans. There are a several ways to get to and from the conference locations. Visit the Travel & Hotel page for more information on the transportation options available.
  • Q: Can I park my car at the Hyatt Regency New Orleans?

A: Yes. Overnight Self-Parking is $25 & Overnight Valet Parking is $30 + tax

• Q: I won’t have a car – what are my options for offsite dining and after-hours activities?

A: The Hyatt Regency New Orleans is located within walking distance of several restaurants, popular attractions, and local businesses. Attendees can also enjoy quick and easy transportation to the city’s most popular attractions via the Loyola-UPT Streetcar Line, which passes approximately every 20 minutes across from the hotel. View the schedule at norta.com. Fare is $1.25 and can be paid with exact change when you board. 1-Day and 3-Day unlimited ride Jazzy Passes are also available for $3 and $9 from the transit authority.

For more information, visit norta.com.

First-Time Attendees

• Q: Where do I begin?

A: First, register for the Forum. Membership is not required (either current or future) for Forum attendance, however, members do receive a significant discount on the Forum registration fee. Joining AIR if you are not already a member will save you money during the registration process.  

In addition to registering for the 2020 Forum, you will have the opportunity to add to your conference experience by signing up for pre-/post-conference education and other events. After making your selections and confirming your name badge information, you will be ready to check out. You may return to add pre-/post-conference education and other options at any time. 

• Q: When is the Forum?

A: Official AIR Forum activities begin on Tuesday, May 26 at 1pm and continue until Friday, May 29 at noon. Additionally, pre-/post-conference education (additional fee required) offered Monday, May 25 and Tuesday, May 26 provide extra educational and networking opportunities that offer even greater value for your professional development dollars. 

• Q: Where is the conference located?

A: All 2020 AIR Forum meetings and events will take place at the Hyatt Regency New Orleans. For information about airport and ground transportation, visit the Travel & Hotel page.

• Q: How do I make hotel reservations?

A: See the Travel & Hotel page for more information and a link to our online reservation system

• Q: Can I extend my stay in New Orleans?

A: Yes. The special conference room rate is available for three days before and after the conference (pending availability). So, come early and stay late and enjoy all that New Orleans has to offer.

• Q: Are any special activities planned for first-time attendees?

A: Yes. Be sure to take advantage of the 1st Time @ Forum session where you can meet other newcomers and hear from volunteer leaders who will share tips about how to make the most of the many learning and networking opportunities at the 2020 Forum. 

• Q: What are pre-/post-conference education opportunities and why should I attend them?

A: Pre- and post-conference educational opportunities are offered as multi-day, full-day, and half-day sessions on Monday, May 25, Tuesday, May 26, and Friday, May 29. These interactive learning experiences offer hands-on practice and in-depth discussion in a dynamic setting. Sessions may be focus on the development of specific skills and use of tools or software, or explore approaches to address institution-wide needs. Seats are limited, and additional fees are required.

• Q: When and where can I purchase food during the conference?

A: The Forum schedule includes dedicated lunch breaks daily. A variety of outlets are available within walking distance of the Hyatt Regency New Orleans.

• Q: What are my opportunities for networking?

A: Networking opportunities at the Forum are designed to help you engage with current colleagues and meet new contacts. In addition to the events scheduled from first-time attendees, there are several opportunities for networking throughout the week.

Registration

• Q: What does the registration fee include?

A: Forum registration includes access to attend any of the events included at the Forum (e.g., concurrent sessions, Exhibit Hall and keynote presentations, closing brunch, receptions, etc.). It does not include access to pre-/post-conference education, hotel stays, or meal functions not specified in the general schedule of events as part of the overall program.

Visit the Call for Proposals page for answers to any proposal specific questions you may have.

Need More Help?

Email us at forum@airweb.org or call us at (850) 391-6345.