We are delighted that you will be joining us for AIR Forum Virtual, May 25–28, 2021. Let's connect, engage, and share with higher education colleagues and peers from around the globe!
Here’s what you can expect
- An easy-to-use online conference platform featuring a customizable session lineup, live and recorded sessions, interactive networking, live chat, and dozens of ways to learn, share, and connect.
- Four days of exceptional content featuring live keynotes, big picture impact sessions, and peer-reviewed sessions from colleagues and experts providing ideas and solutions you can use immediately to impact your work.
- Unique opportunities to engage and build connections with fellow attendees in one-on-one meetings, engaging coffee talks, interactive breaks, and happy hours.
- One-on-one meetings with sponsor partners, who are industry experts in the latest tools and services needed to fulfil the demands of a rapidly changing environment, featured in a virtual exhibit hall.
- On-demand access to session content and presentations for 30 days following the virtual conference.
When can I login to the conference platform to build my schedule?
You will receive an email with instructions the week before the start of the event.
Do I need to download anything to view the conference?
The conference platform is browser-based, so you do not need to download anything. However, it works best on Edge and Chrome, so we recommend downloading one of those two browsers if you don’t already have them.
Is there a mobile app?
Everything you need is available in the conference platform. And since the experience is virtual, an app is not necessary.
Where can I get more information about the conference program?
The conference Help Desk will be open May 25–27 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. ET with AIR staff on hand to answer questions. The Help Desk is accessible through the scheduler builder.
What types of activities are available? What do the different sessions types mean?
Keynotes: Keynotes are inspirational, thought-provoking sessions that are live streamed and available to all registrants at the same time. Live Q&A is available.
Impact sessions: These emerging topic sessions are meant to make an impact, leaving you with ideas and action items to consider. Live streamed with live Q&A.
Scheduled speaker, panel, and sponsor sessions: These were carefully curated for the virtual event. Each time band features several sessions to choose from. Scheduled sessions also include a live chat for Q&A with presenters. (Some sessions also include Zoom post-session discussions—look for a link in the session description.)
Featured sessions: These sessions are among the highest rated sessions from the proposal review process and were selected by the AIR Forum Program and Strategy Committee. These sessions are simulated live and were professionally recorded and produced with the assistance of our AV company. One featured session is offered per time band.
Discussion groups: These sessions are 30-minute Zoom meetings on a variety of topics. Select your topic and jump in to connect, learn, and share with your colleagues. Don’t forget to turn on your camera for maximum interaction.
On-demand sessions: Watch on-demand sessions at your leisure before or after the scheduled sessions and until June 30.
Poster sessions: Posters are on-demand sessions that you can view at any time during the conference Presenters will not be available to answer questions. On-demand content is also available to view until June 30, 2021.
Networking: One networking break and two networking hours are scheduled during the conference. Conducted through Zoom, there will be several to choose from. Pick a topic and get ready to connect. Don’t forget to turn on your camera for maximum interaction.
Wellness breaks: Get some movement and relaxation into your day with on-demand wellness activities available throughout the conference. Take a break when it is most convenient for you. Offerings include yoga, stretches, virtual entertainment, and relaxation links.
Virtual exhibit hall: Visit with sponsors to learn more about the solutions they offer for higher education data champions. Virtual exhibit hours include sponsor session demos, live chats, and the chance to engage with sponsors in Zoom rooms, and more. Don’t forget to check out the giveaways tab for a chance to win some great prizes.
Exhibit hall hours:
- Tuesday, May 25 | 4:45–6:00 p.m. ET
- Wednesday, May 26 | 3:15–4:15 p.m. ET
- Thursday, May 27 | 2:30–3:30 p.m. ET
Can I access session videos and materials after the conference is over?
Session recordings and materials are accessible until June 30, 2021.