Code of Conduct
AIR invites you to attend the AIR Forum, our annual conference, in the collegial spirit of learning, sharing, and networking with open-mindedness and respect.
Email email@example.com or call us at 850-391-6345.
Attendees must behave responsibly at all events. Threatening physical or verbal actions, disorderly or disruptive conduct, and harassment, intimidation, threatening speech, or discrimination in any form, including (but not limited to) relating to race, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, body size, marital status, age, sexual orientation or any other protected category, or inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in presentations.
Such behavior may result in removal from the meeting (whether in-person or virtual), denial of access to meeting facilities, virtual platforms, and other penalties.
These behaviors do not belong at AIR Forum:
- Disrespecting, heckling, or disrupting a session.
- Being disruptive or drinking excessively at social functions.
- Stalking, following, threatening, or disrespecting the boundaries of other attendees.
- Abuse of power (including abuses related to position, wealth, race, or gender).
- Any behavior that discriminates against a group or class of people or an individual.
- Harassment of any kind.
- Aggressively advocating your own services, products, or causes.
Statement on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
As a global leader for the ethical use of data for better decisions, AIR values and works to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion in higher education. We do not tolerate racism or harassment. We are committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive environment for association events and activities and ensuring safe experiences for our community. AIR strives to offer programming that incorporates diverse approaches, solutions, and viewpoints from individuals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. We encourage and support honest and respectful exchanges of ideas and perspectives.
Virtual Meeting Code of Conduct
In addition to the general requirements listed herein, virtual participants will not engage in:
- Disruptive speech or behavior that would interfere with the virtual event or other individuals’ participation in the event.
- Solicitations for services, including soliciting sponsors for other events.
- Product advertisements (other than approved sponsor presentations, purchased ads, and virtual exhibit hall).
- Recording, making copies, or taking screenshots of presentations, group meetings or Q&A or any chat room activity that takes place in the virtual space.
Support the Code
As a conference attendee, you agree to report any instances of violation of the code that you witness while at the AIR Forum. Violations may be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org or directly to any AIR staff member at in-person events.
AIR will investigate all incidents reported with discretion and confidentiality. AIR reserves the right to revoke the privilege of attendance to any person who violates our Code of Conduct. This includes the revocation of attending the AIR Forum in its entirety or in part, and/or to cancel/revoke the conference registration of that person without refund.