AIR Forum Phoenix, AZ June 6-9, 2022

COVID-19 Health and Safety

Updated April 5, 2022

The COVID-19 situation in the United States is fluid, and we continue to monitor developments that may impact 2022 AIR Forum attendees.

We will update the safety precautions/requirements below as new information becomes available.

Stay current—check this page periodically, and especially just prior to the conference.  

AIR Forum  FAQ

For additional information and answers to frequently asked questions on topics such as transportation, travel and hotel, first-time attendees, registration, and at the AIR Forum, visit FAQ

Basic Precautions/Requirements 

• AIR is requiring all registrants/attendees to be fully vaccinated prior to participating in the in-person conference and attest to vaccination prior to arrival. Individuals with medical or religious exemptions from vaccination may attend but may be required to provide a negative test result at a designated time.
  • AIR is requiring that registrants/attendees agree not to attend if they have COVID-19 symptoms or have been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 within 5 days prior to the conference. 
  • Mask wearing policy will be based on CDC guidelines at the time of the conference. Please check back for updates. 
  • If you feel ill or experience COVID-19 symptoms or symptoms that might be associated with COVID-19 during the conference, self-isolate, do not attend any events or activities, seek testing and/or medical attention at your earliest opportunity, and please notify us by emailing forum@airweb.org. Your hotel guest services staff can help you find testing and medical resources nearby. We recommend you phone for assistance and do not go to the front desk.

Health and Safety Resources 

Phoenix Convention Center 

Phoenix Convention Center Coronavirus Protocol: A comprehensive overview of safety policies and procedures the convention center is implementing. 

GBAC: The Phoenix Convention Center (PCC) and both host hotels have achieved the Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) STAR accreditation on outbreak prevention, response, and recovery, recognized as the gold standard of safe venues. The accreditation is achieved when facilities can demonstrate compliance with the program's twenty elements and show how they are implemented into daily practice. ​

Host Hotels Health & Safety Protocols

COVID-19 Health and Safety FAQ

• Q: Is AIR requiring proof of a COVID-19 vaccination for all attendees?

A: AIR is requiring all registrants be fully vaccinated and recommend that attendees are also up to date* with any boosters for which they are eligible prior to participating in the in-person conference. These requirements are consistent with CDC recommendations for conferences and large events/activities.

More information will be available soon regarding the process and logistics for vaccination documentation and/or exemption requirements. All attendees will be contacted via email when details are firm. 

*Fully vaccinated means a person has received their primary series of COVID-19 vaccines. Up to date means a person has received all recommended COVID-19 vaccines, including any booster dose(s) when eligible.  

• Q: Is AIR requiring masks at the conference?

A: AIR will follow the latest CDC guidelines regarding wearing masks indoors. Currently, we are not requiring masks indoors. Masks will be available onsite should you need one. 

• Q: Will attendees be required to social distance at the conference?

A: Currently, there are no social distancing mandates in the city of Phoenix. However, we are asking that attendees be mindful of fellow attendees who may be less comfortable with close contact or sharing spaces. Attendees will have the option to use color-coded badge stickers and/or armbands to indicate their comfort level for close contact: 

• Red: “I’m keeping my distance.” 
    • Yellow: “I’m being cautious, but I’m okay with talking and elbow bumps.” 
    • Green: “I’m feeling okay with hugs and high fives.” 
  • Q: What about cleaning and sanitation protocols?

A: Phoenix Convention Center staff will clean and sanitize all rooms and common areas at regular intervals, with high-traffic areas being sanitized hourly. Hand sanitizer stations and sanitizing wipes will be readily available throughout the venue. 

For speakers, hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes will be available at lecterns. Sessions with multiple speakers will have the option to spread out on stage. 

The Phoenix Convention Center has invested heavily in advanced safety and sanitization protocols over the past 2 years. They are Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) STAR accredited. These protocols and improvements include: 

• Contactless point-of-sale systems for on-site food vendors 
    • Staff cleaning rooms and common space 
    • Hand-sanitizing stations 
  • Q: What food and beverage safety precautions will be taken?

We are working with the catering and food service units in Phoenix to implement enhanced food safety protocols. These include touch-free pay options and reduced contact with common goods at food venues. 

• Q: I am a speaker. What should I expect when I arrive in my presentation room?
    A: Hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes will be available at the lectern. Sessions with multiple speakers will have the option to spread out on stage.
  • Q: If AIR is forced to cancel the in-person conference in Phoenix, will I be refunded?

A: In the unlikely event that the in-person AIR Forum is canceled, AIR will pivot to an online format as used in 2020 and 2021. All in-person registrations will automatically transfer to the online option or be eligible for a refund. 

• Q: I am a sponsor/exhibitor. If AIR cancels the in-person conference, will I be refunded the cost of my sponsorship?
    A: In the unlikely event that the in-person AIR Forum is canceled, AIR will pivot to an online format as used in 2020 and 2021. All sponsor contracts will automatically transfer to the online option. Sponsor may also or apply funds already paid to the 2023 AIR Forum. This does not apply to any expenses (travel, hotel, booth build-out, etc.) that a company may have incurred outside the specific participation that was purchased from AIR.