The Division of Academic Affairs at Lehigh University invites applications for a Director of Retention. With enrollment and retention as high-level priorities, the director of retention serves as the point person on retention and graduation rates and is responsible for developing a plan for improving student retention and graduation rates as well as identifying specific initiatives and interventions that lead to student success. The director is responsible for monitoring the overall student population’s advancement toward degree completion. The position is also responsible for compiling data for reporting and predictive analytics.
- Working collaboratively with the Deputy Provost for Academic Affairs, the Enrollment Management Executive Committee and EM offices across campus, develop a strategic plan for student retention and success.
- Working collaboratively with OIRSA, develop retention strategies using data and predictive models that can be scaled across colleges and offices.
- Use data and data analytics to drive decision making and student retention efforts, both within EM and across the Provost’s stem.
- Determine appropriate benchmarks and other indicators of success in outcomes. Report these results to the university community, particularly undergraduate colleges and academic departments.
- Working with Student Affairs and others, integrate engagement and activity data in EM success dashboards and models.
- Collaborate with undergraduate colleges and advising staff on retention initiatives.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with other key offices of the institution in order to plan student support and retention programs and activities that meet students’ changing and diverse needs. Represent the interests of student retention, and occasionally EM more broadly, for campus-wide committees and events.
- Remain competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses/conferences, and attending trainings as directed by the supervisor.
- Master's degree in higher education administration or related field; doctorate preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in higher education administration, preferably in areas related to enrollment management and student success.
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, organize work and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment.
- Knowledge of trends and developments within higher education and, more specifically, high-impact practices related to academic success and retention.
- Experience tracking and identifying needed retention efforts to support students, particularly underrepresented students (e.g., students of color, first-generation students).
- Proven track record of effective collaboration across campus offices and disciplines.
- Experience with data-driven decision making.
- Experience with Banner and data reporting tools (e.g., Argos, Tableau, Cognos).
- Strong verbal communication skill and error-free written communication skills.
The university rewards creativity, leadership, and innovation. And our commitment to excellence and intellectual curiosity are the underpinnings in everything we do. These core values also influence our compensation and benefits program for faculty and staff. In addition to competitive salaries, medical, and life insurance, we offer generous retirement contributions and a tuition remission program for employees and their families.
Lehigh’s hillside campus is situated on 1,600 acres in eastern Pennsylvania’s scenic Lehigh Valley. The region features outdoor recreational opportunities, numerous cultural activities, and a rich history that Lehigh has been a part of since 1865. The location is also in close proximity to the New York and Philadelphia metropolitan areas.
As with our students, Lehigh expects the highest quality from its staff and faculty. We are continually searching for talented and energetic individuals to join this dynamic university. There are frequently a wide variety of positions available.
We think Lehigh is a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it. Read what our employees have to say about being part of the Lehigh family.
If Lehigh sounds like a place where you would thrive, we invite you to consider a career here. Begin your search for a rewarding career by reviewing our current open positions. We wish you the best in your endeavors.