Please submit a cover letter, résumé, copy of transcript, work samples and contact information for three references to: The University of Tulsa, Office of Human Resources, 800 S. Tucker Drive, Tulsa, OK 74104 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The review of applications will commence immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
The Business Intelligence Analyst reports directly to the Director of Institutional Research. The Business Intelligence Analyst will be responsible for extracting data from multiple sources, manipulating the data for analysis; creating and maintaining impactful data visualizations in Tableau to support planning and decision-making across all levels of the institution, and developing predictive models for a variety of data related to financials, enrollment and student outcomes. And this individual will be a highly motivated self-starter who can pay attention to details and complete work in a timely manner.
- Works with large sets of data from many sources and authors complex queries to present data in consumable form
- Builds and maintains interactive and dynamic Tableau visualizations through data interpretation and analysis
- Understands operational and financial needs of the institution and implements appropriate Tableau solutions for various reporting requirements
- Builds relationships with internal and external stakeholders to understand their analytical needs and deliver actionable insights to relevant decision-makers
- Analyzes data with a focus on identifying and communicating areas for institutional improvements in efficiency and productivity
- Implements advanced predictive modeling, data mining, machine learning and statistical techniques to extract meaningful intelligence
- Stays current and applies best practices regarding data visualization, performance tuning, reporting design and predictive modeling
- Assists non-technical users with operationalizing predictive models, utilizing dashboards and understanding technical insights
- Provides user training and presentations as needed
- Performs other related duties as needed/ assigned by the Director
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Social Science, Business Analytics, or a related quantitative discipline. Strong analytical and statistical skills. Proficiency with Tableau. Strong grasp of advanced SQL writing and query-tuning/optimization. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s degree from an accredited institution in Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Social Science, Business Analytics, or a related quantitative discipline; two or more years of successful higher education work experience in a data-intensive environment; Knowledge of GL account structures and financial statements; Knowledge of data visualization types and techniques; Technical expertise regarding data warehousing and ETL issues; Direct experience in researching, developing, and maintaining statistical models; Experience with R programming and packages to perform various analytical and data processing tasks, including more advanced modeling such as machine learning; experience with R, Shiny, and Tableau to create interactive visualizations; Proficiency with retrieving data using SQL.