The American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) is seeking a qualified professional to serve as its Research Manager. This position will provide direct oversight of AANP research activities to meet AANP and department strategic goals. The Research Manager will provide guidance and general supervision to the Research Team across projects and will monitor the team’s work to ensure project timeliness and quality. Reports to the Vice President of Research.
- Collaborate with VP of Research to establish research direction, goals, and objectives based on varied sources and AANP/department strategic plan.
- Liaise with internal and external researchers regarding projects’ protocol, scope, budget, and timeline.
- Manage quantitative and qualitative research projects, including surveying, data collection, data organization, documentation, and analysis in support of planning, evidence-based decision-making, and organizational success.
- Prepare, publish, and present data and statistics in a manner understandable to various audiences.
- Oversee IRB applications and compliance.
- Oversee Research Department Programs.
- Support other AANP departments through the procurement and analysis of specific data and fact sheet development.
- Generate abstracts, presentations, and posters for conferences and meetings.
- Represent the association at events as requested by the VP of Research, promoting AANP, the NP role, and NP research.
- Secure and oversee administration of research grants and other support for NP-focused research from sources such as foundations, government agencies, and industry sources.
- Provide support as needed to the VP of Research and the Data Manager.
- Scan environment to identify trends, challenges, and opportunities related to organizational research activities.
- Train and supervise research staff and/or contractors, and conduct scheduled performance reviews in a timely manner.
- Oversee student practicum opportunities.
- Maintain human subjects’ certification
- Assist with other organizational activities and projects as needed
- Handle sensitive information, maintaining confidentiality
- Travel and staff the AANP National Conference annually
Qualifications for this position include:
- Master’s degree or bachelor’s degree plus equivalent experience required
- Five years of experience in research/project coordination required
- Advanced computer competence involving a variety of software products, including those for word-processing, spreadsheet design and use, graphics (charts/tables), and data entry, as well as experience with SPSS, SAS, ArcGIS, ArcGIS Online, Microsoft Office
- Strong critical/analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritizing and meeting deadlines
- Ability to work with others in a fast-paced, focused work environment
- Ability to direct and manage research staff
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to perform all communication in a courteous and professional manner
- Good understanding of medical and nursing terminology
AANP is the largest and only full-service professional membership organization in the United States for nurse practitioners (NPs) of all specialties, with more than 100,000 individual members. AANP is unique among NP organizations by its number of members, well-established education department and network of relationships with state‐level groups. With a network of more than 200 NP Organization members, including other national, state and local NP organizations, it provides a unique reach to NPs in a wide range of communities and settings.
As The Voice of the Nurse Practitioner®, AANP represents the interests of more than 270,000 NPs around the country, advocating for the active role of NPs as providers of high-quality, cost-effective, comprehensive, patient-centered health care.
The mission of AANP is to empower all NPs to advance quality health care through practice, education, advocacy, research and leadership. AANP offers excellent benefits and a great work environment.
This position will be based in our new headquarters located in the South MoPac Expwy and Southwest Parkway area of Austin, TX.