Click on "Apply Now" which will bring you to the registration screen. If you are a new user, you must register to apply. If you already have a user ID, please use your existing ID to apply.
Make sure to upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references (name, title, organization, phone number, and email).
Please upload all documents in Word or PDF format as one file. OR
2. Go to http://cuny.jobs/ and search for Job ID 19728. Equal Employment Opportunity: CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- In collaboration with the Associate Dean, develops and implements a holistic plan to link data in different units to build an infrastructure of institutional data assets.
- In collaboration with the Associate Dean, develops and implements a plan for information sharing and data dissemination through different data visualization tools and communication channels.
- Collects data for measures of progress towards the goals of the Graduate Center's 2017-22 Strategic Plan and the annual Performance Monitoring Project.
- Provides coordination, support and guidance to Graduate Center programs and offices in collecting, managing and reporting institutional data.
- Manages internal databases and document libraries, soliciting and implementing regular
updates and ensuring data quality and completeness.
- Translates data into actionable information by linking data and analytic results with the decision-making processes at various levels.
- Manages the design, administration, analysis, and reporting of internal and external surveys for various constituencies of the Graduate Center.
CUNY Title Overview:
- Manages College institutional research programs and studies related to the College's mission.
- Develops relevant, timely and accurate institutional information to administrators, the college community, the external community, and external agencies.
- Defines and implements research studies, designing and conducting data analyses and analyzing and interpreting results.
- Researches, develops and recommends policy analyses relevant to anticipated institutional planning, policy, and decision-making needs.
- Participates in college-wide strategic planning, institutional effectiveness and outcomes assessment tasks.
- Respond to data, table and report requests from college constituencies.
- Manage surveys, questionnaires and other data-gathering instruments administered by the Office.
- Manages a library of institutional planning and research documents.
- May consult with faculty and students in the design of databases for research projects
- Performs related duties as assigned.
A preferred candidate should have:
- Master’s degree in fields with course work in research methodology, data analysis and visualization, business intelligence, or statistical modeling with four years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- A Ph.D. degree in a related field such as education, psychology, economics, business, and statistics.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a working knowledge of data management and data analysis.
- Excellent quantitative research skills.
- Effective communication skills, including the ability to communicate information in verbal, written and graphical form to a variety of audiences.
- Experience in data visualization (Tableau, Excel).
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail and timelines.
- Demonstrated commitment to work within a diverse environment and interact openly with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
- A strong background in statistical analysis and database management systems.
- Experience working with SQL, SAS/SPSS and R.
- Experience working with Visio, Word Press and InDesign.
- Experience with survey design and administration.