Required documents: Please attach a cover letter, resume and three previous supervisory references. In your cover letter please discuss how you meet the preferred qualifications posted for this position.
The Institutional Researcher (IR) serves as a clearinghouse for most official statistical information about the campus and provides information to support campus decision making through a variety of data-gathering, research, and analytics. An ideal candidate will have experience and interest in predictive analytics and modeling to help improve course sequencing, retention, persistence, and graduation. The Institutional Researcher will report to the campus Strategic Support Manager, while working closely with the Chief Executive Officer. Option for successful candidate to telecommute may be considered, in which case UNM-Taos will provide the candidate with clear expectations and timeline on weekly projects and deliverables, method of accountability and establish regular communication schedule via web conference (Skype or Zoom).
This position will be responsible for a wide variety of campus research efforts including:
- designing and managing information systems and databases to support institutional research activities.
- applying knowledge of programming and/or other software such as Banner, Access, SPSS, and Excel to compile, manipulate, summarize, and produce reports from multiple, large complex data sets.
- preparing institutional responses to internal queries from faculty, administration, and student groups, which include grant application and annual performance report data, enrollment management/retention/transfer data, and program assessment data.
- compiling data and submitting reports as required by state and federal regulatory agencies, accrediting bodies, and national survey organizations, such as UNM Main Campus, the New Mexico Association of Community Colleges, the Higher Education Department, the New Mexico State Legislature, and the U.S. Department of Education.
- assisting in a wide variety of campus survey research efforts including survey construction, design, and reporting.
- monitoring higher education developments at the state and national level, and ensuring that the institution is compliant with existing and upcoming data reporting regulations.
- responsible for ensuring clean, reliable, standardized student data across departments.
Bachelor's degree; at least 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
1. Master’s degree.
2. Experience and familiarity with Banner system for institutional/student data (e.g., My Reports).
3. Proficiency with Excel, Access, SPSS, and/or other large data management systems and software to collect, analyze, and project data with a high degree of accuracy.
4. Demonstrated ability to deliver both written and oral reports in both graphic and narrative formats.
5. Expertise with the development and implementation of an institutional strategic plan.
6. Demonstrated interest in predictive analytics and modeling to help improve course sequencing, retention, persistence, and graduation.