1. Support service oriented DUSON IR processes that provide information to faculty and staff as needed in support of their decision making and reporting needs. Help educate the school about this service and its value to encourage use.
2. Work with DUSON‘s Director of Institutional Research, administrative offices, and academic units for strategic reporting in the form of analysis, data exploration, and interpretation.
3. Uses database query tools, statistical and analytical software, and data discovery tools to extract, manipulate, and analyze data, trends, and patterns.
4. Designs and establishes systems that manage, store and retrieve static data for analysis to answer school needs, ad hoc requests, and research needs
5. Develop, test, publish, and maintain the centralized school-level reports in Tableau as the primary Institutional Research reporting environment. Use university enterprise databases, static school databases, and others to create and distribute defined routine reports to management and specialized reports, when requested.
6. Create and distribute specialized reports when requested.
7. Prepare, review and submit responses to multiple external surveys from groups such as AACN, USN&WR and Peterson’s.
8. Research, gather, analyze, and summarizes information for complex data projects. This includes collection and analysis of large amounts of institutional and school data, comparative data resources, and other public resources. Assignments may require analysis of multiple factors or data sources, internal and external to the university.
9. Support faculty PIs or PDs in need of information to prepare grant proposals or reports required by external agencies or other Duke administrators.
10. Follow the school’s data release policy consistently, ensuring appropriate approvals prior to releasing information as defined in the policy.
11. Maintain the centralized school-level database (e.g.: BiSON) and reporting system (Reports Central) as the primary IR tool.
12. Collect, analyze and interpret data relating to the key sectors within the school and identify corresponding policy implications and/or recommendations. Provide information on results against identified benchmarks, trends, interrelationships among key sector variables and offer related recommendations.
13. Perform work in close coordination with applicable school leaders, data managers, and staff designated as being responsible for the capture and input of department or program specific data.
14. Utilize data management best practices and ensure the highest level of rigor in the use of data in a consistent manner to produce information that is consistently credible and accurate.
15. Participate as a member of Duke’s IR community, representing the SoN in collaborations with other IR staff.
16. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.