Interested applicants are asked to submit ALL of the following:
· Letter of interest (i.e., cover letter, letter of intent, letter of application, etc.).
· Personal resume with the required Navarro College Employment Application that can be downloaded on this website; call 903.875.7336 for additional information.
· Navarro College Employment Application.
Include a minimum of three professional references with current telephone numbers and list them on the application. Letters of reference are not required. · Transcripts from all colleges attended. We will accept legible transcript copies showing date degrees conferred with original application. Official transcripts required upon employment. SEND THE INFORMATION ABOVE TO: ATTN: Marcy Ballew, Vice President Navarro College Human Resources 3200 West 7th Avenue Corsicana, TX 75110 OR e-mail ALL of the above documents to firstname.lastname@example.org in PDF format
Under the direction of the Vice President of Enrollment Management and Institutional Effectiveness, the Director of Institutional Research and Effectiveness is responsible for integrated planning, organizing and coordination of activities required for campus-wide assessment, institutional research, and institutional effectiveness. The Director of Institutional Research and Effectiveness provides leadership for the creation of a culture in which assessment, continuous quality improvement, and planning activities are integrated, understood, and practiced in ways consistent with the College vision, mission, and values. In addition, this position performs highly advanced (senior-level) research work that involves overseeing the development, implementation and monitoring of specialized research projects; designs and carries out research studies that contribute to the institution’s decision-making capacity and mission; oversees and participates in the institution’s data collection and reporting for a variety of purposes and audiences; and develops and/or maintains databases, programs, and documentation, as necessary, to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees, plans, develops and monitors research projects including in-house and national surveys, end of course evaluations, and focus groups.
- IPEDs data reporting.
- Evaluates and reviews the scope and methodologies of research projects and areas to be evaluated.
- Develops and reviews policies and procedures used in conducting and administering research and assessment activities.
- Develops quality assurance procedures and conducts quality assurance reviews on research and assessment activities.
- Develops program review procedures, collects data and prepares analysis reports.
- Collaborates and interacts with various stakeholders to meet internal and external reporting needs.
- Provides consultation and technical advice on research methods and assessment techniques.
- Oversees the preparation of reports, assessment and research findings.
- Prepares and provides presentations for professional organizations, governmental entities, and the public.
- Formulates and monitors long-range research objectives, programs, and priorities.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates the impact of legislation, regulations, and policies.
- Provides leadership and manage strategic planning activities for all units of the college.
- Develops, maintains, and uses institutional databases to support decision-making, assessments and evaluations, program review, student learning outcomes and planning.
- Provides leadership for implementing outcomes assessment and using data and research for maximizing educational effectiveness and program performance.
- Organize and chair meetings, lead workshops, facilitate group discussions and involve faculty and staff in idea generation, goal setting, and decision making.
- Develop the annual Fact Book and other publications for purposes of data transparency, as well as dissemination of institutional information to stakeholders and the public.
- Responds to ad-hoc requests for information from internal and external entities.
- Supervises personnel and performs other related duties as assigned or provided for by College policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
- Minimum of three (3) years of directly related qualitative and quantitative research employment experience including use of statistical analysis software (Microsoft Excel/Access does not meet this requirement).
- Intermediate Proficiency with SPSS, SAS, or STATA syntax.
- Intermediate Proficiency with Ellucian Colleague, Banner, or similar student information system.
- Intermediate Proficiency with business intelligence and reporting tool such as CROA, Power BI, or similar tool.
- Experience in project management and report writing
- Doctoral degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
- Advanced proficiency with SPSS syntax.
- Proficiency with Ellucian Colleague.
- Experience with strategic planning at a college level.
- Experience with accreditation reports.
- Previous experience with Predictive Analytics software.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of statistical concepts and methods and their application to research analysis.
- Knowledge of measurement, testing, and evaluation.
- Knowledge of research methods, principles, techniques, and philosophies.
- Knowledge of program evaluation and assessment of educational and student learning outcomes.
- Skills in conducting qualitative and quantitative research and in using computers, software, and statistical tools and programs.
- Ability to plan, organize, and oversee research.
- Ability to evaluate research data.
- Ability to ensure the development of measuring instruments with respect to reliability, relevance, and validity.
- Ability to interpret and publish research findings.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships.
- Ability to exercise discretion and tact in all interpersonal contacts, and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks according to required deadlines, and maintain composure under high stress conditions.
- Ability to be optimistic, positive and supportive in all interactions with others.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to plan, assign, and/or supervise the work of others.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.