- Master’s degree in social sciences or related field required. Ph.D. preferred.
- Three years of experience teaching at a post-secondary institution preferred, preferably at a community college.
- Three years’ experience in the area of learning outcomes assessment and program evaluation at a post-secondary educational institution required, preferably at a community college.
- Prior experience leading the development and implementation of a comprehensive approach to outcomes assessment preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to present research findings in both written and oral formats.
CRITERIA: The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be interviewed. Other information and observations made during the interview process may be considered in the selection process. Resume/CV and cover letter are required with the application. Please ensure that your documents address the criteria listed below for this position.
- Advanced knowledge of statistical analysis and mix-methods research.
- Advanced knowledge of assessment theory and practice.
- Ability to lead team projects from design to implementation and evaluation of results.
- Ability to moderate discussion and reach consensus among participants with different priorities.
- Ability to guide others in connecting assessment results to institutional priorities.
- Experience using assessment data for the purpose of continuous improvement at all levels.
- Experience working collaboratively with administration, faculty, and staff, and incorporating their feedback for improving assessment processes and policies.
- Knowledge of Federal guidelines pertinent to human subject research.
- Knowledge of FERPA.
- Knowledge of Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) accreditation requirements related to Standard V – Educational Effectiveness Assessment and Standard VI – Planning, Resources, and Institutional Improvement.
- Ability to develop and query complex databases.
- Familiarity with assessment management platforms currently used in higher education.
- Intermediate knowledge of SPSS or similar analytical software package.
- Intermediate knowledge of NVivo or similar qualitative analysis software.
- Ability to work in a team environment and across units within the organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to tailor data presentations and reports to various audiences.