For fullest consideration for the position, submit a curriculum vitae, statement of interest and completed application by Monday, December 2, 2019 online at: https://jobs.uic.edu/job-board/job-details?jobid=124306
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
• Assist in establishing and coordinating the implementation of clinical research protocol priorities and organization structure.
• Notify and inform physicians, clinical staff, affiliates and grant sponsors of adverse events and protocol modifications, including their impact on the clinical research program
• Coordinate the activation and maintenance of clinical protocols, including review and completion of submissions, amendments, and adverse event reports as required by the UIC Institutional Review Board (IRB), Protocol Review Committee and grant sponsors.
• Review laboratory and clinical procedures and evaluations regularly to ensure protocol compliance.
• Act as liaison between physicians, clinical staff and the UIC IRB office, grant sponsors and regulatory agencies to ensure priorities are clearly communicated and resources are allocated appropriately across multiple ongoing projects.
• Communicate clinical information and work with stakeholders to create best practice tools.
Client Enrollment and Protocol Compliance
• Assist physicians and clinical staff in identification, recruitment and enrollment strategies of patients to increase enrollment and to meet clinical research protocols.
• Analyze retention rates and formulates plans to retain participants.
• Coordinate outreach to and liaison with staff at schools, community clinics, science fairs, etc. to make research presentations and recruit new participants for various research projects.
• Execute informed consent process and monitors patient status; Enroll participants into programs, explaining the research protocols to the clients and supporting family/friends, and obtain appropriate consent forms.
• Ensure that participant enrollment and research activities comply with established protocols, regulatory and monitoring agency standards, and grant sponsor guidelines.
• Participate in conducting surveys of participants and supporting family/friends.
• Collect and review client evaluations/assessments, surveys, and participant interviews to develop reports for the PI and appropriate agencies and grant sponsors. Evaluate data to determine project effectiveness.
• Collects, manages and analyses participant data; Enters data into appropriate system and engages in quality control measures to ensure the data is accurate and updated for analyses.
• Assist investigators in preparing study data, literature reviews, analysis for meeting presentations and publications.
• Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
Bachelor degree in nursing, mental health, psychology, pharmaceutical sciences, social science, or a related field required.
Certified Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC) preferred.
At least one year experience in a research discipline required. Experience in a clinical research setting, experience working with Federal Regulations and IRB’s required.
Experience with REDcap system preferred.
Prior experience with medical terminology and procedures including electronic medical records and billing preferred.
Ability to manage multiple tasks. Strong interpersonal and customer service skills. Requires excellent communication, organization, presentation and computer/pc skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other related software.
Knowledge of research protocols, principles and procedures; knowledge of aspects of clinical trials such as screening, interviewing, case reports forms; knowledge of experimental design, mathematics, statistics, computer applications and computer data management; oral and written communication skills; knowledge of a science such as biology or psychology; ability to identify, produce, organize, evaluate and interpret data; knowledge of ethics and regulatory procedures (i.e. informed consent, IRB applications, data safety and monitoring plans) involved with clinical trials and other clinical research; ability to work as a member of a project team; knowledge of clinical tasks required for research (e.g. phlebotomy, centrifugation, interviewing).
The Clinical Research Coordinator manages and directs the coordination and timely handling of all components of clinical research protocols, including pre and post research activities, in and outside of the clinical setting. This position will develop and implement standards for research protocol management, policies, and procedures. Responsible for the implementation and conduct of multiple research projects. Coordinates comprehensive patient protocol treatment schedules to maintain compliance to protocol requirements. Develops and implements effective patient recruitment strategies. Oversees and participates in subject recruitment, screening, scheduling, testing, and data management for a multi-faceted investigation.