Design, conduct, and analyze studies relating to the institutional mission, market positioning, enrollment management, retention, and matriculation effectiveness. Conduct and evaluate policy scenarios and detailed recommendations and provide detailed recommendations.
Coordinate with other units on campus in the development of sophisticated reports, analytics, and other dashboards providing guidance in the access and extraction from appropriate data sources.
Provide oversight of data integrity, quality assurance, and common data definitions for data administration. Responsible for accuracy and reliability of data collection.
Coordinate all legally required and official external and internal data reporting for institutional reporting. This includes reports to the state and federal governments, completion of external surveys, and regular periodic internal administrative ad hoc reporting.
• Relevant master’s degree.
• A minimum of six years progressively responsible administrative institutional research experience which includes at least one year of supervisory experience within a university or its equivalent.
• Ability to systematically analyze complex issues and data.
• Exceptional understanding of institutional research, organizational dynamics, strategic planning, and complex financial reporting.
• Proficiency with a variety of data analytics and statistical systems and experience in accessing data from databases, data marts, and/or data warehouses.
• Ability to present and/or communicate findings clearly and persuasively to a variety of audiences.
• Ability to conceptualize broad institutional goals.
• Proficiency in standard computer skills and systems (e.g. Excel,SQL,PowerPoint).
• Relevant doctoral degree.
• Five or more years of direct leadership experience of an institutional research unit within an academic institution.
• Experience with the access and analysis of data from the Oracle-PeopleSoft ERP and/or EPM Data Warehouse systems and Oracle databases as well as experience with the Oracle Analytics and Business Intelligence systems (OBIEE and OAC).
• Experience with predictive analytics, the use of key performance indicators (KPI’s) and dashboards.
• Experience with Data Governance programs and frameworks in an academic setting.