Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in social science, business, computer science, or other relevant fields in which data analysis and broad research and analytical skills are learned and two to four years of related experience. Related Master’s degree and one to two years of related experience preferred.
• Related experience working in a higher education institution and/or system office preferred;
• Knowledge of higher education operations and policy issues, including but not necessarily limited to: academic programs, admissions, financial aid, human resources, facilities, and registrar activities;
• Strong analytical skills, critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
• Ability to work as part of a team and ability to communicate with wide variety of stakeholders;
• Data visualization experience, particularly SAS Visual Analytics and/or Tableau software;
• Coursework and/or experience with survey design and implementation; familiarity with Qualtrics software a plus;
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
• A commitment to accuracy.
Preferred background includes: strong knowledge of the higher education data reporting systems, federal reporting requirements (including, but not limited to IPEDS), and state reporting requirements (North Carolina experience preferred); familiarity with data retrieval and statistical packages (SAS preferred); an understanding and familiarity of the K-12 public school system, NC Community College System, the UNC System, and the NC Association of Independent Colleges and Universities; strong interpersonal skills are required.
Preferred skills include: working knowledge of automated systems and the ability to utilize information technology to develop reports, design forms for ad hoc data collection purposes, conduct ad hoc data collection efforts, and provide detailed documentation of tasks and projects completed. Must possess the ability to provide analysis of data, strategic thinking, analytical problem-solving abilities, and excellent written and oral communication skills. Knowledge of SAS or SQL strongly preferred.