- Develops and leads the implementation of a documented data strategy that is focused on increasing the value of the college’s data to achieve its strategic goals, while minimizing data-related risks.
- Manages the creation of data policy and supporting processes and tools. This will address topics such as a data dictionary, data models and data architecture, data lineage, data retention, and the usage, sharing and distribution of data.
- Organizes and facilitates a cross-functional committee leading data governance to provide executive sponsorship and oversight for governance policy creation and compliance.
- Promotes the adoption of new data-related policies, processes and technologies, and continued participation in data-related collaborative activities within departments across and college leadership.
- Provides leadership, supervision and support of the activities, staff and budget of the Office of Data Strategy, including data management, data stewardship, institutional research and compliance reporting, and data literacy and accountability.
- Leads the organizational transformation to a data-centric, data-aware organization in which staff at all levels understand how to use data to improve their work while also recognizing their role in managing and protecting the college’s data.
- Works with executive leadership to champion and integrate data strategy and science into the college’s strategic and operational mindset.
- Works with the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), Legal, Internal Audit, Director of Risk Management and other key stakeholders to ensure that the data management and use complies with regulatory requirements and security policies.
- In collaboration with Information Technology Services, makes recommendations for integrations of disparate data systems, both internal and external, to expand capacity for analysis, and improve consistency in reporting.
- Partners with Information Technology Services and application users to drive simplification of the technology landscape, through evaluation of existing technologies and platforms that can be used to increase efficiency, improve controls, and reduce cost.
- Ensures that data relevant to college needs is available, reliable, consistent, accessible, and secure.
- Provides direction on best practices for data management, data processing, data analysis, data mining and data sharing.
- Builds the necessary infrastructure and policies to increase campus wide accessibility to data for analytics, reporting, and open data publishing and encourage a culture of data driven decision making.
- Coordinates the development and management of standard data operating procedures, data accountability policies, data quality standards, data privacy and ethical policies.
- Assesses existing data management and privacy practices, identifying risks areas and opportunities for improvement, and benchmarking against best-in-class practices and capabilities.
- Improves data quality through defined data governance, data management and focused data quality remediation programs.
- Institutes a programmatic approach for enterprise information management to identify, prioritize and execute the data and analytic initiatives with clear line of sight to the College’s strategic goals.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Eight (8) years of related experience which includes progressive data analytics, governance, administration, design, strategy, business intelligence experience in roles of increasing complexity, supervisory experience, and leading cross-functional teams.
Central New Mexico Community College is the largest community college in New Mexico, serving over 22,000 students. Our mission is to be a leader in education and training with the vision of changing lives and building community. As such, CNM provides affordable higher education throughout Albuquerque and its surrounding areas.
At CNM, our mission is to be a leader in education and training with the vision of changing lives and building community.