Please include the wording "Director of Budget and Financial Planning" in the subject heading.
No phone calls, please.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Resumes received without cover letters will not be reviewed.
The Director of Budget & Financial Planning will make an impact in many areas, with responsibilities and duties including, but not limited to:
- Develop and implement annual operating and capital budgets: This position is responsible for developing the annual operating and capital budgets for the School in consultation with the Dean, the Vice Dean, the Executive Vice President for Administration and Finance and Chief Business Officer, and other senior administrators. This position is also responsible for implementing those budgets and for providing guidance to decision-makers throughout the institution to keep operations and capital projects within budget guidelines;
- Develop budgeting methodology that aligns strategic priorities, resource allocations, and accounting standards;
- Develop a multiyear financial plan that integrates the School's academic, enrollment, philanthropic, and capital plans, and that reflects demographic and market trends;
- Produce year-to-date reporting of revenue and expenditure budgets and report on all significant sources of variance;
- Analyze institutional expenditures to identify any trends and to support academic and administrative planning;
- Conduct financial scenario analyses to support planning and decision-making relative to academic initiatives, enrollment plans, capital projects, and other institutional initiatives;
- Respond to internal and external requests for financial and budgetary information.
Minimum Qualifications Required to Apply for the Position
- Must be analytical and have strong problem-solving abilities as well as acute attention to detail;
- Significant experience developing and managing budgets, preferably in a non-profit or higher-education setting;
- Ability to communicate financial concepts to individuals with both very low and extremely high levels of financial expertise;
- Excellent oral, writing, and communication skills;
- Experience working with databases, competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Knowledge & experience of Colleague Information Management System (Ellucian) is preferred;
- Knowledge of higher education administration or the equivalent;
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 4-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in finance, management, accounting, economics, or other quantitative field or discipline
- 5-6 years of experience in this field
We strive to seek out and hire those individuals, both staff and faculty, who stand out in their field of excellence, wish to become part of the higher education community, and assist in providing the best support possible to our students.