Position Summary: The Director of Institutional Research is responsible for planning, analyzing, evaluating and reporting on institutional and external data requests. The Director works closely with colleagues that coordinate strategic planning, assessment, accreditation and grant funded initiatives, providing relevant quantitative and qualitative data to enhance evidence-based decision-making. The Director develops and manages information systems and databases to support institutional research activities. In addition, this position oversees compliance and works with University constituencies that are responsible for meeting compliance requirements from state, federal and other external entities.
- Oversee submission of federally required data as IPEDS keyholder and additional data required by external constituents (e.g., Common Data Set, HLC, WAICU).
- Address data information needs of all segments of the campus community.
- Provide and interpret data from local databases and available external data sources.
- Prepare institutional responses to internal and/or external queries such as faculty salary surveys, employment statistics, enrollment statistics and projections.
- Design and conduct qualitative data collection through instruments such as surveys, questionnaires, interviews, and focus groups.
- Design, execute, analyze, communicate, and consult on the results of ongoing and discrete analytical studies using appropriate inferential statistics including mixed methods designs.
- Support pre- and post-award grants management through collection, assessment, analysis, and reporting of data.
- Acquire, manipulate, develop, and maintain longitudinal data sets, confirming accuracy and reliability over time.
- Provide data analysis support, and facilitate the integration of processes and results into strategic planning processes.
- Ensure timely and accurate data analysis and dissemination of standing reports, including the annual Fact Book and the Common Data set.
- Serve as chairperson of the Compliance Committee.
- Coordinate with units across campus on regulatory reporting and dissemination to ensure compliance.
- Track completion of required compliance materials on campus and hold campus members accountable for deadlines on submission.
- Work with the Assistant Director of Accreditation & Assessment, other institutional committees and staff to coordinate work and provide functional assistance, as assigned.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty successfully and professionally. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Master's Degree required, Doctoral Degree preferred.
- Experience in an administrative or faculty role in higher education.
- Expertise in quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Knowledge of statistical and analytical survey instruments, protocol, and procedures.
- SQL programming ability and/or other software used to manipulate, summarize, and produce reports from multiple, large, complex data sets.
- Expertise in Jenzebar (preferred) or other higher education administrative platform required.
- Ability to plan, create, program, and manage statistical databases across multiple hardware and operating system platforms/environments.
- Broad knowledge of spreadsheet, word processing, presentation, and graphics applications.
- Knowledge of emerging data collection, visualization, and planning tools.
- Knowledge of higher education institutional and programmatic accreditation processes.
- Using data and information technology to inform planning and practice in a higher education or related setting.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and proven ability to work in a way that honors diverse cultures, perspectives, and people.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
Mount Mary University encourages applications from all qualified candidates and is vitally committed to all aspects of diversity, equity and inclusion. Mount Mary seeks to hire and retain personnel who will make a positive contribution to its mission, vision and values.
For more information, visit https://www.mtmary.edu/about/diversity
Mount Mary University is pleased to offer our employees that work 30 or greater hours per week a rich benefits package. Benefits include: health, dental, vision, flex spending, retirement plan 403b plan, vacation pay, sick pay salary continuance and paid holidays.