To apply, please visit the Rutgers University Human Resources position announcement at:
Please note that all applications must go through Rutgers University Human Resources. Therefore, please do not send application materials or inquires to the Office of Institutional Research and Academic Planning.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Research Project Manager for The Office of Institutional Research and Academic Planning (OIRAP). The Research Project Manager reports to the Vice President for Institutional Research, Planning, and Decision Support (Vice President) and the Director of Data Analytics and Management (Director) and provides support for the Institutional Research Office’s core activity of capturing, extracting, analyzing, and reporting data on faculty, students, staff and other critical academic, physical and financial information for leadership decision-making purposes and external reporting requirements. The Research Project Manager assists the Vice President and the Director in managing the workflow of Institutional Research projects. This position performs professional work that requires specialized to general knowledge of the field of institutional research, and a solid understanding, use, and application of concepts, theories, principles, practices, and terminology of this area of specialization and experience with survey research.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Manages institutional research workflow and provides status reports to the Vice President and the Director.
- Creates reports, presentations, and publications based on the data analyses conducted.
- Supports liaison work of the Office with the State of NJ, Federal DOE, Association of American Universities Data Exchange (AAUDE), etc; to ensure that the university responds to requirements and requests.
- Provides accurate and timely data.
- Delivers and maintains data reports, ensure data integrity, and reconcile data discrepancies.
- Provides support for the Office’s data system operations.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in applied mathematics, statistics, social science, or in a related scientific field.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Must have knowledge of data management and data analysis software
- Experience using querying tools (through GUI or writing and executing code against large relational databases) and multi-dimensional concepts
- Must have SAS skills (or similar data management and statistical programming skills) and experience using Tableau software
- Must have advanced Microsoft Access and Excel experience (i.e., pivot tables, cross tab queries, ODBC)
- Excellent analytical and conceptual problem solving skills
- Requires the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills; the ability to work collaboratively and collegiality with faculty and staff
- Ability to work independently; and the ability to work with individuals with diverse backgrounds and perspectives on data usage
- Master’s degree in applied mathematics, statistics, social science, or in a related scientific field, and a minimum of 3 years relevant experience
- Experience with databases such as MS SQL and Oracle
- A strong technical aptitude and desire to keep up with the latest technological and data management advances
- Experience in Institutional Research related environments
- Experience working with survey research tools
Information about the benefits provided to Rutgers employees can be found at: