Applications must be submitted electronically to:
The University of Tennessee Chattanooga is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.
The Institutional Research Analyst supports the data and analytic functions of the Office and collects, analyzes, synthesizes, and presents institutional data related to student success, operational efficacy, strategic planning, and other factors that impact UTC funding and reporting requirements for both internal and external audiences. The Analyst is involved with extraction of data from institutional databases and information systems to meet the needs of the University for data-informed decision making. The Analyst uses and implements a variety of software products and data visualization tools to illustrate and interpret trends as well as provide information in a logical and contextual manner for enhanced understanding. The Analyst also will draft reports summarizing findings. The Analyst works collaboratively with other members of the Office of Planning, Evaluation, and Institutional Research team to advance the strategic use of data throughout the institution to improve the efficacy of practices that impact student success. Responsibilities may vary as data analysis needs change over time.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required in Statistics, Math, Psychology, Social Sciences or related field. Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in higher education team environments with specific documented experience in institutional research and higher education database systems.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with data analysis, institutional research, assessment, and/or evaluation.
- Minimum one-year experience with a student information system such as Banner by Ellucian.
- Experience in the higher education field creating and running reports from Banner, Argos, SAP or other similar platforms.
- Experience using data to illustrate trends and perform summary analytics.
- Demonstrated ability to visualize data and provide contextual information in a logical, easy to understand manner; specifically, experience creating dashboards, charts, and tables to visualize information.
- Experience with more than one statistical software packages (SPSS, SAS, Stata, R, etc and survey software (Qualtrics, Question Pro, etc
- Experience using MS Office products, including Excel, Power BI, and Visio.
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga seeks to fulfill a position for an Institutional Research Analyst. This 12-month professional position is based in the Office of Planning, Evaluation, and Institutional Research.