This position designs and implements special statistical studies, prepares reports with recommendations based on analytic review, supports university personnel seeking to use data to address academic or enrollment issues, designs assessment metrics, responds to external data requests, and supports IR in development of innovative data systems.
The professional in this position must be able to understand the complexity of the data, develop an understanding of each data element and its various interpretations and meanings, and effectively communicate with the requester to identify the available data and information most appropriate to their needs.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
-Data Collection, Extraction and Analysis
-Create analytical resources for use by the University community and others-Respond to external data requests, including publishers of rankings, news media, and state agencies
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business analytics, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
· Expertise with database reporting, Microsoft Office, and SQL
· Working knowledge of research methods and techniques used in collecting, compiling and organizing data and information
· Ability to handle sensitive material with discretion, tact, and integrity
· Demonstrated ability to present ideas and information clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
· Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty and staff
· Familiarity with content management systems
· Creativity in designing data and analysis deliverables for various audiences
· Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills with attention to detail