Under the general direction of the Director, this position will conduct full requirements analysis and design, develop analysis and reporting capabilities, and employ both operational and historical reporting structures. Utilizing the Microsoft SQL Server platform, SAP business intelligence suite, and other tools, assignments include compliance based reporting, ad hoc reporting for the campus community, cost-benefit analysis, data-mining, project analysis, statistical and predictive modeling, and data analysis for short-range and long-range planning. The successful candidate will be able to extract, validate, analyze, and present data in effective graphical and written format as needed, for proposals, and institutional reports.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Collaborates with Directors and other campus constituents to implement a coordinated institutional research program.
- Authors complex queries of student enrollment and financial data using Microsoft SQL Server, SAP Business Objects, and other technologies.
- Designs and executes reporting to fulfill federal, state, and institutional reporting requirements.
- Using analysis and findings, informs recommendations for strategic improvements based on analysis and findings.
- Create analytical solutions to forecast key performance measures.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Monitors data warehouse updates and report library.
- Utilizes data from ERP system as well as other internal and external databases to collect and evaluate national, state, and local data trends.
- Composes correspondence and generates reports.
- Conducts research and presents findings utilizing various forms of media.
- Serves as a campus resource for design of research studies and projects. Collaborate with key stakeholders and coordinates research efforts with other office personnel.
- Tracks required reports from calendar and provides status reports on on-going projects.
- Solicits data via various means to support analytical studies.
- Defines, analyzes, plans and implements solutions to improve operational efficiencies.
- Provides technical support as well as training on new or existing system techniques.
- Performs related duties and other supporting tasks as required or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, business, social sciences, or a related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in the use of reporting software in institutional research using various BI tools such as SAP Web Intelligence, Microsoft SQL Server, Tableau, or R.
- Experience in research design, data evaluation, and database management within a higher education environment preferred.
- Experience with data retrieval and analysis from higher education student information systems (Ellucian Colleague preferred).
- Knowledge of statistics and related methodologies, including applications, collection and correlation of data.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience with methods of planning and conducting studies and designing reports.
- Knowledge of SQL and relational database management.
- Strong oral and written communication skills including methods of presenting data via multi-media and web publishing.
CWI OFFERS A COMPETITIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE THAT INCLUDES
- Affordable health insurance coverage - medical, dental, and vision
- Opportunity for flexible spending and dependent care accounts
- Generous retirement plan, depending on position, may include:
- Participation in Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI) defined benefit plan, or
- Mandatory employee contribution of 6.79% of earnings
- Employer contribution of 11.32% of earnings
- Participation in the Optional Retirement Plan
- Mandatory employee contribution of 6.97%
- Employer contribution of 11.24% of earnings with 100% immediate vesting
- Employer covered life and disability insurance
- Additional employee, spouse, and dependent life insurance available for purchase
- Access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- CWI tuition reduction for employees, spouse, and dependents (restrictions apply)
- Reciprocal agreements with other Idaho colleges and Universities (restrictions apply)
- Vacation accrues at the rate of 16 hours per month (240 hour maximum)
- Sick Leave accrued at a rate of 8 hours per month
- Ten paid holidays per year
- Employee discount programs from many local businesses