For fullest consideration, please apply by Tuesday, March 12, 2019: https://jobs.uic.edu/job-board/job-details?jobID=110346&job=research-specialist-department-of-neurology-rehabilitation
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The University of Illinois conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of contingent offer of employment. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- Assist Principal Investigator (PI) and other research staff to identify and enroll study patients; explain studies to patient and obtain appropriate consent documentation
- Assist PI and researchers with all aspects of research project development and design.
- Assists PI and researchers with proposal submission activities, following all required processes/protocols.
- Research Specialist will consent study subjects and conduct any initial baseline cognitive testing for each subject
- Ensure patient enrollment and research activities are compliant with research protocols and regulatory agency standards
- Maintain and submit IRB documents including amendments, continuing reviews, adverse event reports that are required by the UIC Institutional Review Board (IRB) and grant sponsors
- Responsible for scheduling study related appointments and coordinate transportation for study subjects if needed
- Perform study related physical/functional exams per study protocol within scope of knowledge as the protocol dictates
- Gather and tabulate complex data and complete/submit clinical research forms and reports per protocols
- Gather and input subject data into online database per protocols.
- Collect and ship blood samples.
- Monitor all aspects of projects on ongoing basis; propose and implement changes as needed.
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in science or related field required. Master’s degree in science preferred. A minimum of 3 years related research experience.
The Department of Neurology and Rehabilitation is seeking a Research Specialist to assist a Principal Investigator with research activities. In this role the Research Specialist will collaborate with the Principal Investigator to design and develop research projects and proposals, perform complex data collection, analyze and evaluate test and research results. The incumbent is expected to assist in the preparation of research findings for publications, papers, presentations, and grant submissions.
Full Time Benefits Eligible
State University Retirement Plan