A. Enhanced Data Collection
- Systematize data collection and reporting on faculty, staff and student diversity.
- Facilitate the construction and dissemination of dashboards, infographics and other communication and dissemination devices for faculty, staff and student diversity indicators to key faculty, deans, chairs, committees and University decision makers, as well as for public dissemination.
- Compile data for annual reports on diversity (e.g., ADVANCE-IT, Office of Equity and Inclusion, Women’s Caucus, LGBT Caucus, Center for the Study of Diversity, faculty senate).
- Coordinate, facilitate, collect and analyze bi-annual faculty, staff and student climate surveys.
- Gather other data from internal and external sources as needed to address pertinent questions.
B. Project Evaluation
Coordinate the activities of IRE to support both formative and summative data gathering for the reporting efforts of the UD-ADVANCE internal and external evaluators.
Provide data collection, analysis and reporting support for evaluation and tracking of efforts to enhance diversity across campus.
- Coordinate with the UD-ADVANCE (http://sites.udel.edu/advance/) team, the various component programs of the Diversity Network (https://sites.udel.edu/diversity/network/) and Office of Communications and Marketing to organize and present relevant data for effective dissemination such as program annual reports.
- Report bi-annual results of faculty, staff and student climate surveys.
- Present nationally such as at the NSF ADVANCE annual meeting and the Association for Institutional Research annual conference.
- Implement timely data collection and dissemination in compliance with the “Toolkit for Reporting Progress Toward NSF ADVANCE”.
- Develop best practices in data gathering, reporting and assessing comparative statics for presentation nationally.
- Systematize data reporting on UD faculty, staff and student diversity and enlarge categories tracked as requested by the UD-ADVANCE and Diversity Network leadership.
- Facilitate construction and dissemination of dashboards, infographics and other tools to communicate diversity indicators to be disseminated through the ADVANCE PIs and Diversity Network leaders to the appropriate University decision makers, faculty and external sources.
- Coordinate, facilitate, collect and analyze and report results of bi-annual faculty, staff and student climate survey.
- Work with the UD-ADVANCE PIs and Diversity Network constituents to understand the goals and implementation of the projects and to apply these in the evaluation, selection, and modification of data collection techniques and presentations.
- Write reports and present data to the UD-ADVANCE and Diversity Network leadership, and to professional groups, in appropriate formats for dissemination including statistical analysis and reporting of results.
- Meet and communicate regularly with project PI, Co-PIs, Executive Director and Diversity Network leaders to seek answers to research questions and to obtain data in accordance with the grant and other program protocols.
- Master’s degree in statistics, information systems or other relevant discipline and demonstrated competence in data collection, analysis, reporting and dissemination of information.
- Ability to ensure data integrity and accuracy.
- Strong analytical skills, including facility in working with SAS, SPSS or other statistical software packages and relevant components of Microsoft Office (e.g., Access, Excel) to manipulate, summarize, and produce reports from multiple, large, complex data sets.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
- Experience using Cognos (or similar) database query and reporting software.
- Understanding of data dashboards and ability to work collaboratively with Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse and Information Technology staff to generate, implement and disseminate Data Dashboards.
- Skill in developing online surveys via Qualtrics.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must have the ability to work independently, with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Eligible to work in the United States and eligibility for employment following completion of a criminal background check.