APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Niagara County Community College considers only those applications that clearly demonstrate the applicant meets all required qualifications. Persons meeting the required qualifications as stated above should send the following to Human Resources, Niagara County Community College, Sanborn, NY 14132. E-mail: HR@niagaracc.suny.edu
- cover letter that addresses each of the qualifications,
- unofficial transcripts,
- names and contact information for three (3) current, work related references
Incomplete packets may be rejected for lack of information. Three written letters of reference from applicant’s references must be sent to the above address or email before an on-campus interview. Search will remain open until candidate is selected, however to ensure consideration resumes should be received by April 5, 2019. Official transcripts will be required at time of hire. Finalist is subject to successful results of a criminal background check.
NCCC is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, military status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
POSITION CATEGORY: Full Time, 12 month, college funded administrative position reporting to the Assistant Vice President of Academic Affairs. Salary Range: $51,300 - $69,300.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Coordinator of Institutional Effectiveness is responsible for the extraction, collection, validation, organization, analysis, interpretation, and reporting of data and information to support accreditation compliance, institutional assessment, strategic planning, program review, student learning outcomes, and other continuous quality campus-wide improvement efforts. This position reports to the Assistant Vice President of Academic Affairs.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Chair the campus-wide assessment committee.
- Provide oversight, leadership and direction for the strategic planning, research and assessment of the College's activities and operations and accreditation compliance.
- Work collaboratively with faculty, students, and institutional personnel to ensure broad involvement in data driven planning, goal setting, plan implementation and assessment. Monitor the activities and results related to the achievement of strategic planning goals and objectives. Provide the campus with reports of progress as required.
- Oversee and facilitate the planning and execution of assessment studies undertaken college-wide, with specific emphasis on the data collection and analysis, with the use of spreadsheets, tables, charts, statistics, written reports, and software-generated reports.
- Research best practices in institutional effectiveness, planning and assessment to provide expertise for developing, measuring, analyzing, and improving student learning and unit-specific outcomes to academic, administrative and other relevant assessment team members.
- Serve as the repository of all campus assessment results, monitor the compliance of the campus for meeting assessment deadlines, work with campus constituents on follow-up activities suggested by the results of assessment, document follow up efforts and any additional assessments that may have been undertaken along with associated results.
- Lead and develop the assessment team in the process of blueprinting scannable exams, tests, surveys, and rubrics to program/unit and student learning outcomes to expedite data collection.
- Plan and coordinate the training and ongoing support of academic and administrative personnel on the use and navigation of online assessment programs or other relevant receptacles of assessment information, as well as survey programs.
- Monitor relations with and oversee the development of reports for the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and program accreditation agencies. Advise the President, VP of Academic Affairs, and senior administrators of initiatives to be undertaken by the college to ensure compliance and to remain in good standing as a member institution.
- Responsible for timely reporting of institutional data to State and Federal agencies which include but not limited to: HEDS, IRS Data Exchange, college catalog, transfer enrollment reporting, admissions reporting, retention reporting, migration enrollment, graduation rates, and degrees conferred. Will also be responsible for completing institutional surveys.
- Manage sensitive information and adhere to strict confidentiality regarding security of staff, students, and client records at all times.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Graduated from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree; minimum of two years’ experience (paid or internship) working with research, data, measurement, and assessment; intermediate knowledge of SPSS; excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s degree or doctorate; educational institution experience; academic/instructional experience; experience using Banner; experience in measurement and evaluation; knowledge of MSCHE and FERPA standards.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Must be able to communicate verbally and via electronic communication channels to small and large audiences including senior administration, Board of trustees and a diverse college community. Must be able to understand and communicate detailed information and instructions. Ability to operate computers and input and maintain detailed computerized data; ability to prepare written reports containing complicated technical data. Must be able to work collaboratively with faculty, staff and administration; must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.