HOW TO APPLY
To apply, go to www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Resumes will be accepted through March 22, 2019.
The Director of Institutional Research reports directly to the Dean and is supported by a Data Analyst. The Director will be responsible for all areas of institutional assessment, including institutional effectiveness, student learning assessment, and institutional research, and will take the lead in training staff in data collection and report development.
The Director of Institutional Research will:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive program of institutional research, assessment and planning designed to support the mission of the Law School, meet the needs of internal and external stakeholders, and inform data driven decision-making throughout the Law School.
- Demonstrate technological expertise, knowledge of current research and trends and innovative practices in higher education and develop predictive analyses and analytics to support college-wide strategic goals, objectives and initiatives.
- Serve as institutional data director to ensure timely reporting of institutional data, benchmarks,
and other performance indicators necessary to meet reporting requirements by external entities and internal stakeholders and report data in annual college factbook.
- Develop primary benchmarks, performance indicators and measures of success and will plan, lead and conduct data collection and analysis activities to support institutional effectiveness and planning,
strategic enrollment management, academic and non-academic assessment, student success and graduation, post-graduation outcomes, and accreditation and compliance processes.
- Develop a structure to oversee survey functions at the School, including support for survey instrument development, annual schedule for administering surveys, build/manage a data warehouse for survey results,
and create a survey instrument library.
- Manage interface with University data collection processes and create documentation identifying points of distinction between Law School/ABA and University/ IPEDs data reporting practices.
- Act as a liaison to University committees regarding institutional data and participate in institutional research professional organizations and keeps abreast of national, state and local educational issues.
- Conducts research and policy analyses relevant to institutional planning, policy and decision-making needs across all departments; conduct regular environmental scan in support of program planning and review.
- Through targeted outreach and training, assist in developing a culture of research and assessment and develop capacity and understanding across the staff.
- Communicates relevant, timely, accurate and actionable institutional data to administrators; prepares presentations in a variety of formats to communicate research findings to the college community, including creating access points for managers and facilitating their use of reports to promote data-driven decision making.
- Serve as a content area expert on research methods, data collection, data analysis, data integrity, quality assurance and common data definitions.
- Ensure that institutional data collection and reporting processes are reliable, valid and ethical
Bachelor's Degree and eight years' relevant experience required.
The preferred candidate will have:
-Master's Degree in statistics, quantitative social science, higher education, or a closely related applicable field.
-Experience designing, conducting, interpreting, reporting, and explaining data analysis.
- Experience working in Higher Education, with an understanding of current issues in higher education, particularly as it relates to professional schools, particularly legal education.
-Comprehensive knowledge of higher education reporting standards, including national IPEDS standards. Demonstrated proficiency with core applications in three specific areas - data access tools (e.g., knowledge of SQL a plus), data analytic software (e.g., SPSS, SAS, Stata) and data visualization software (e.g., Tableau).
- Experience with blending and analyzing data from multiple data sources; managing large institutional datasets, including data collection and reporting; preparing, formatting, and cleaning research data for integrity in analysis and reporting, and, with data warehouse environments, database queries, business intelligence reporting tools and relational databases and expertise with large datasets
- Experience with survey development, administration, and analysis; understanding of quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience presenting and communicating technical information professionally, clearly, and effectively in oral, written, and graphic form to individuals with varying technical backgrounds.
-Excellent oral, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Proven and effective supervisory skills.
CUNY Law School exists to advance justice – through the work of its graduates, its students in our clinics, and the scholarship of our faculty. We do this by living our mission: creating access to legal education to ensure that our next generation of lawyers come from all the communities in our society and graduating excellent public interest lawyers, prepared to use the law to serve human needs. We exist to do good – and we are good at it.
On access, with a student body that is almost half students of color, we are proud to have been named the best law school for diversity in the country. On creating public interest lawyers, we are proud to graduate every year the highest percentage of students who go into public interest in the country. As National Jurist magazine wrote: CUNY Law has cemented its place as the top law school in the country for doing good.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.