The University at Albany is searching for a qualified applicants to fill two research analyst positons – one to serve its Undergraduate Admissions office, the other to support the data analysis and reporting needs of the Graduate School, including data related to graduate admissions and enrollment. Reporting to the Director of Institutional Research, Planning, and Effectiveness, the Research Analysts will work closely Directors of Undergraduate and Graduate Admissions respectively, and perform a variety of research and analytic tasks in support of enrollment planning, student recruitment and retention, and academic program quality. The analyst will utilize admissions systems (primarily Technolutions Slate, Business Intelligence (BI) and PeopleSoft) to provide data expertise and reporting. The analysts must have a strong background in statistics and data analysis along with demonstrated experience working with large data sets, data visualization tools, and relational databases.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred)
- Ability to access, manage and analyze data using different databases file formats
- Experience with statistical software and databases (e.g. SPSS, R, SAS)
- Ability to summarize data and research into coherent reports for utilization in decision making
- Oral and written communication skills to interface with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- High level of attention to detail and time management skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team
- Master's degree in statistics, data science, economics or similar discipline
- Knowledge and experience with Technolutions Slate or other CRM platform
- Experience and knowledge of SQL or related database program
- Ability manage multiple and changing priorities, while working independently
- Knowledge of business intelligence solutions
Located in Albany, New York, New York State's capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.