The Data and Reporting Coordinator provides technical support for the Office of Institutional Research (OIR). This position will serve as a liaison between the WebFOCUS and operational data store (ODS) administrators and the Institutional Research staff. This position will provide technical, organizational, and analytical support for a broad range of Columbia College data needs. The Data and Reporting Coordinator is expected to address any issues/problems in a timely manner in order to maintain efficiency of the OIR office operations.
- Coordinate with technology services data warehouse administrator on design, testing, and deployment of Operational Data Warehouse (ODS) augmentations, views and snapshots needed for reporting.
- Administrate WebFOCUS business view creation.
- Create reports using WebFOCUS to pull data needed for institutional research.
- Collect, analyze, and preserve data.
- Coordinate all Webfocus upgrade needs, back end and customer testing, communication plans, and other activities.
- Update and maintain all data and reporting documentation and descriptions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum four years’ experience in a similar field.
- Strong knowledge of data structure and reporting techniques.
- Experience writing code using software such as WebFOCUS, Business Objects, Cognos, or similar applications.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products, Adobe Acrobat, and reporting software.
- Experience in Higher Education technical and functional positions.
- Project management or LEAN certification.
- Experience with Ellucian software.
Why work at Columbia College?
The Human Resources department of Columbia College is committed to the continuous development and exemplary services of the college’s most important assets, its employees.
Columbia College offers generous paid leave and excellent health and dental insurance coverage. Columbia College will make an annual $1,000 contribution to each employee’s Health Savings Account.
View our current benefits summary.
Columbia College provides tuition benefits for employees and their eligible dependents
- Free in-seat undergraduate
- 75% tuition reduction for online classes and graduate classes
- Tuition Exchange program with partner institutions
Regardless of employee contribution, Columbia College will contribute 8% to their retirement account once the employee has completed one year of service, is over age 21 and works at least 1,000 hours during the Plan year.
Employees will vest 20% in their account balance after the first year of participation in the plan, and an additional 20% in each year of eligible service thereafter. Employees are fully vested in the retirement plan after six full years of continuous employment.
Benefits include free dependent in-seat undergraduate tuition and/or 75% tuition reduction for online classes, Tuition Exchange program for eligible dependents with dozens of partner institutions, an 8% retirement account contribution, generous paid leave, excellent health and dental insurance coverage, and outstanding, dedicated colleagues.
The offer of employment and assignment to duties is contingent upon a satisfactory criminal background check. The information may include, but is not limited to, academic, residential, achievement, performance, attendance, disciplinary, employment history, credit history, driving history, and criminal history of public record.