The Research Data Analysts will be primarily responsible for producing regular reports for internal and external constituents, fulfilling ad hoc data requests, and making regularly requested data available to end users on demand through interactive reports and dashboards. The Research Data Analyst provides direct customer service, interacting regularly with employees from a variety of academic and administrative areas at UND to clarify information needs and ensure a positive data-user experience. The Research Analyst will have the following job duties:
- Responding to internal and external ad hoc requests with accuracy and efficiency
- Supporting internal University constituents in survey best practices and dissemination of surveys
- Assisting with University-wide assessment (student learning; development, implementation, and annual reporting of program assessment; accreditation processes and data collection for accreditation needs).
- Assisting in maintaining the University Analytics and Planning web resources
- Professional Development
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Analytics, Social Sciences, Statistics, or 4 year degree from an accredited college/university with significant coursework in research methods and statistical anlysis
- Two years of responsible research, analysis, and report presentation experience, preferably in higher education.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel, Access, Power Point and Word, or equivalent.
- Experience in extracting data from relational databases.
- Experience using SAS, SQL, R, or other reporting/data extraction software.
- Experience with data visualization development and use.
- Successful Completion of Criminal History Background Check
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Advanced degree in data analytics, social sciences, statistics, or related field.
- Five years of responsible research, analysis, and report presentation experience, preferably in higher education.
The University of North Dakota (UND) is a busy 550-acre campus, the state’s largest. We're an innovator in energy, medicine, aviation and unmanned aircraft systems. UND is increasingly regarded as one of the top academic and research institutions in the nation. We consistently rank among the best for educational quality, affordability and career outcomes.
For more information regarding the University of North Dakota (UND), please visit our website at und.edu.
Includes single or family health care coverage (premiums paid for by the university), basic life insurance, EAP, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual and sick leave. Optional benefits available: supplemental life, dental, vision, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans.
Application Due Date: 2019-04-05
Job Start Date: 2019-05-06
Salary: Dependent on qualifications and experience.
City: Grand Forks
Institution: University of North Dakota
Reports To: Director of University Analytics & Planning
Staff # Reporting to Position: 0
Reports In Office: University Analytics & Planning
Search for openings in IR, effectiveness, assessment, planning, and related fields at higher education institutions in the U.S. and abroad.
View All Jobs by Posting Date Post a Job