- Work with the Product team to define and report KPI/metrics for each product within the team’s portfolio
- Work with the Technical team and Product team leadership, conduct quantitative analyses of data on user experiences within delivered platforms (e.g., collected from Splunk) to inform product development
- Work with the Product team to develop assessment strategy, and support quantitative analyses and reporting in product definition activities (e.g., surveys)
- Work with the Program Manager to develop a strategy and approach for tracking and reporting key program metrics
- Extract, manage, and analyze data retrieved from UA centralized and distributed data sources (e.g., UAccess Analytics, Salesforce data, local data sources)
- Manage and analyze data through the use of Excel (pivot tables, statistical functions , etc.), SPSS, SAS, or other statistical analysis software while ensuring data integrity
- Build data models that can be leveraged to present tool-based insights about factors such as student risk, performance, etc.
- Prepare visualizations of data to explain, persuade, and tell a compelling story about the products/program
- Respond to team requests for assistance with assessment-related activities or for help interpreting data
- Related duties as required to meet goals and objectives of the department and the University of Arizona
- You love data and have a background in enterprise BI, advanced quantitative methods, analytics, and/or machine learning.
- Technical software understanding beyond buzzwords. Proficiency with analytics programming languages such as SQL, SAS, SPSS, R, and/or Python and methodologies for their application in quantitative research
- Doctoral degree in Social Science, Educational Psychology, Computer Science, or related field. OR,
- Master’s degree in Social Science, Education, Computer Science or related field and two (2) years’ experience performing quantitative analysis. OR, Bachelor’s degree and four (4) years’ experience performing quantitative analysis/analytics solutions
- Excellent critical thinking
- Obsessive attention to detail that makes your results exceptional
- Excellent communication, organization, and project management skills
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic
UA Information Technology is a collaborative partnership of the IT units at the University of Arizona, all dedicated to delivering world-class service and technological solutions in support of research, teaching and learning, administration, and healthcare. UITS provides central information technology services to campus, including enterprise business applications, campus network and communications infrastructure, email and calendaring, telecommunication systems, research computing infrastructure, IT Support and many other services to support individual schools, departments, and business units. UITS also has representatives who coordinate and collaborate with campus IT departments to optimize IT resources for all.
Application Due Date: 2019-04-09
Job Start Date: 2019-06-03
Salary: $70000 - $85000
Institution: The University of Arizona
Reports To: IT Business Architect
Staff # Reporting to Position: 0
Reports In Office: CIO
Search for openings in IR, effectiveness, assessment, planning, and related fields at higher education institutions in the U.S. and abroad.
View All Jobs by Posting Date Post a Job