- Supervises the Academic Data Analytics team. Ensures hiring, evaluation, and mentoring activities are completed according to University procedure and deadline.
- Works collaboratively with the Assistant Directors for Data Management, Administrative Data Analytics, and External Reporting to complete data projects, assign resources, create consistent documentation, ensure adherence to data management principles, etc.
- May represent the office in university meetings, conferences or professional organizations related to academic data analysis, taking a leadership role where appropriate. May attend executive level team meetings to provide leadership information or to design new data models to assist in identifying a solution or providing insight to strategic planning.
- Manages data requests and assigns requests to team members.
- Keeps apprised of national, state, and educational trends/issues, communicating changes with senior leadership and taking action as appropriate.
- Serves as the Data Liaison with Academic Analytics as specified in the master license agreement for services.
- Directs outreach efforts to campus data consumers and analysts, serving as an authority on the availability and accuracy of academic data.
- Develops and implements processes for collecting, linking and analyzing academic data from a variety of sources by working with internal system subject matter experts, state and federal agencies, institutions of higher education and other organizations as appropriate. Ensures data accuracy and analysis results meet the identified purpose.
- Leads the development of research studies to inform decision making and planning; conducts statistical analysis and prepares reports of the findings.
- Monitors the overall integrity of data, complying with state and federal requirements and taking appropriate steps to correct data discrepancies when noted.
- Conceptualizes, develops, and implements analyses as needed by senior leadership of the university and various office constituencies.
- Oversees documentation efforts for business rules/logic, ensuring the “why” behind a particular analysis is captured.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field plus 3 years of relevant experience in data analysis, quantitative research methods, or statistical analysis.
- 2 years of supervisory experience.
- 2 years of experience in an institutional research or business intelligence setting at a university.
- 2 years of experience with data visualization or business intelligence software (e.g. Tableau, OBIEE, Oracle Data Visualizer, Power BI, etc.).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as demonstrated by application materials, interview, and professional references.
- Experience using statistical analysis software such as SAS, SPSS, or STATA. High-level of proficiency with SAS highly preferred.
- Master’s Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, Social Sciences, or closely related field
- Excellent interpersonal skills
The leader of this unit will manage a dynamic team of analytical staff responsible for supporting the academic analytical needs of the institution. This includes but is not limited to designing research studies, empowering users to make data informed decisions through self-service, creating predictive models, and developing visual dashboards to simplify the interpretation of data results.
The successful incumbent will also have strong communication and collaboration skills to work with subject matter experts across all campus-wide academic systems (i.e., Blackboard, Campus Solutions, Admissions CRM, etc.) and related leadership staff to ensure data accuracy and contextual understanding for individual and cross-campus projects.
The University of Kansas is especially interested in candidates who have professional experience working with a wide constituency and are conscious of diversity and equity perspectives. Women, minorities, and candidates who will contribute to the climate of diversity in the area are especially encouraged to apply.
KU is a Research 1 institution, the flagship of the Kansas system, and a member of the Association of American Universities (AAU). It is located in Lawrence, a thriving and progressive community, which lies close to Kansas City. The successful candidate must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. before employment begins.
To apply, visit: http://employment.ku.edu/assistant-director-academic-data-analytics/13885br