Develop, design, implement, analyze and communicate results of quantitative and qualitative research, assessment, and evaluation studies related to institutional research, program assessment, grant proposals, and state/federal compliance.
- Produce tables, graphs, and narrative analysis of data to easily display and summarize student characteristics, enrollment, retention, graduation, post-college employment, etc.
- Ensure accurate, on-time publishing of statistical data for a variety of publications and reports.
- Respond to ad-hoc data requests from administrators, faculty, staff, and the public.
- Extract data from various internal and external sources (e.g., data warehouse, student management system, IPEDS, National Student Clearinghouse, etc.).
- Administer surveys, analyze results, and report findings; assist in developing survey instruments and interview/focus group protocols.
- Understand and apply legal and ethical components involved in conducting research and analysis (e.g., FERPA, human subjects' protection.
- Serve as a member on committees that require data or accountability/performance measures as determined by the Director of Institutional Effectiveness.
- Model professional decorum and mutual respect in all interactions.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, management information systems or related field required, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Three (3) or more years of experience conducting research or data analysis, preferably in an educational setting.
- Experience working with relational databases (Access, SQL), advanced spreadsheet tools (MS Excel), and word processing software (MS Word).
- Experience working with statistical software (SPSS) including tables and graphs.
- Exceptional analytical skills and the ability to translate raw data into information and knowledge through the use of data visualizations and reports.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills; ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Master's degree from an accredited institution
- High level of self-motivation, ability to work independently, and a willingness to learn new skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a collaborative setting.
- Ability to effectively deal with ambiguity and changing project requirements.
- Ability to successfully participate and collaborate with others and be responsive in working relationships.
Green River College is an open-access, public college where students from all over the world come together to learn, grow and enrich their lives. Green River’s main campus stretches over 180 acres of beautifully forested land. Branch campuses, located in downtown Auburn, Kent and Enumclaw, bring the college’s unique educational experiences to local communities.
At Green River, students can choose from a wide variety of transfer degrees, bachelor of applied science degrees, career and technical education, pre-college and basic skills courses and continuing and community education classes. High-quality faculty and motivated staff advise, counsel and support students in their chosen educational careers, creating an encouraging atmosphere that fosters achievement.
The combination of strong academics, solid student services, a diverse and lively campus community and state-of-the-art facilities allow Green River to provide students an exceptional education with lessons that will stay with them throughout their lives.