Director of Academic Compliance & Accreditation
The Director of Academic Compliance is responsible for managing and maintaining compliance with federal, state authorization, and accreditation requirements for all academic programs (traditional on-campus programs, online programs, and international programs and partnerships). The position will also manage required approvals and substantive change requests for new program proposals. The position will work closely with the academic schools/units, admission offices, enrollment management, the Office of the General Counsel, and external regulatory/compliance personnel.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience in a coordination or management role responsible for system and process development
- Strong research skills to facilitate investigating international, federal, state and accreditation compliance requirements
- Must be detail oriented
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent technological skills, including an advanced knowledge of Excel and database querying
- Ability to be a self-starter, with proactive mindset
- Established record of working in multidisciplinary teams
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including phone, mail, and public speaking
- Flexible work style, demonstrated ability to adapt successfully to changing work environment and needs
- Ability to travel
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Master's degree and five years of directly related work experience
- Bachelor's degree and eight years of directly related work experience
- JD, MPA, MBA and/or a doctorate degree
- Knowledge of and experience with regulatory environments
- Experience in an education or accreditation organization
Tulane University, founded in 1834, is one of the 62 members of the Association of American Universities, an elite group of top-ranked research institutions. With undergraduate, graduate, and professional level programs offered in a variety of disciplines — Architecture, Business, Law, Liberal Arts & Sciences, Medicine, Public Health and Tropical Medicine, Science & Engineering, and Social Work — Tulane enrolls over 12,000 students.
Application Due Date: 2019-04-30
Job Start Date: 2019-05-01
Salary: Dependent on qualifications and experience.
City: New Orleans
Institution: Tulane University
Reports To: Assistant Provost for Assessment and Institutional Research
Staff # Reporting to Position: 0
Reports In Office: Office of Assessment and Institutional Research
Search for openings in IR, effectiveness, assessment, planning, and related fields at higher education institutions in the U.S. and abroad.
View All Jobs by Posting Date Post a Job