Under the direction of the Associate Vice Provost for Academic Decision Support, proactively identify and develop research and analytical studies related to faculty activities, learning outcomes, teaching evaluations, program reviews, and other institutional effectiveness areas. Work with faculty and Academic Decision Support staff to develop and maintain institutional effectiveness databases and reporting systems.
• Doctoral degree in quantitative disciplines such as Educational Research, Measurement or Administration, Public Policy or a related discipline with full-time experience in an institutional research or assessment related area or Master’s degree with significant related experience.
• Working knowledge of SAS, SPSS or comparable analysis programs.
• Knowledge of measurement, data analysis, research design, and survey methodologies.
• Evidence of independent and creative thinking and writing on research and statistical problems.
• Ability to work with data from multiple sources.
• Excellent analytical and quantitative skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Knowledge of programming in SQL, SAS or SPSS.
• General knowledge of cloud-based analytics platforms.
• Knowledge of business intelligence and reporting tools such as SAS VA/VS, Tableau, Cognos or OBIEE.
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
Application Due Date: 2019-04-23
Job Start Date: 2019-07-01
Salary: Dependent on qualifications and experience.
Institution: Virginia Tech
Reports To: Associate Vice Provost for Academic Decision Support
Staff # Reporting to Position: 0
Reports In Office: Academic Decision Support
Search for openings in IR, effectiveness, assessment, planning, and related fields at higher education institutions in the U.S. and abroad.
View All Jobs by Posting Date Post a Job