Identify and develop research studies to understand the impact of emerging issues in higher education at Virginia Tech. Apply exploratory and predictive analytical techniques (clustering analysis, sequence detection, and neural networks, etc.) to understand trends and patterns in enrollment management, student academic success and experiences, online learning, faculty activity, academic space utilization, auxiliary enterprises, etc.
Develop sensitivity analysis (i.e., what if analysis) and scenario analysis models to understand the impact of enrollment changes on university budget and finance, space allocation, and academic competitiveness. Deliver final analyses to senior administrators and related parties, exercising discretion in the selection of content, communication medium, and presentation.
Stay at the forefront of emerging decision support issues in higher education by actively representing the university at conferences or meetings. Serve on various university committees.
• Experience in data analytics and decision support in higher education settings.
• Experience using and ability to program in SPSS (Modeler and Statistics)
• Knowledge of programming in SQL, SAS or SPSS
• Evidence of independent and creative thinking and writing on research and statistical problems.
• Ability to work with data from multiple sources.
• Excellent analytical and quantitative skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ph.D. in a related discipline.
• General knowledge of cloud-based analytics platforms
• Knowledge of business intelligence and reporting tools such as SAS VA/VS, Tableau, Cognos or OBIEE