For consideration, please submit ALL of the following documents.
- HCC employment application
- Cover letter
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin 4/19/2019, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
General Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Data collection, conceptualization, analysis, and reporting related to students and employees, instructional offerings, and other aspects of the College
- Design reporting processes to support state, federal and other external reporting
- Support the College’s strategic planning, decision-making, and continuous quality improvement processes
- Bachelor’s degree in a research-based discipline, math/statistics, or management information systems
- Knowledge of data management and data conceptualization principles
- Ability to construct queries in Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Experience with the following:
- Relational databases
- Data modeling and data warehousing concepts
- Data visualization tools such as Power BI or Tableau
- Microsoft Excel
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Master’s degree in a research-based discipline, math/statistics, or management information systems
- Knowledge of standard statistical processes
- Familiarity with survey design techniques
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel (e.g., pivot tables, data models, Power Query)
- Experience with PeopleSoft or other ERP system
- Professional experience in higher education
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.
About the Bloomington-Normal Community:
Bloomington-Normal regularly ranks as one of the Top 50 college towns in the US based on our quality of life and as a Top 5 destination among smaller communities in America for recent college grads to live and work, and was promoted in an article by The Huffington Post, “11 Amazing Cities You’ve Never Thought To Live In, But Should”. It ranked high for its affordable rent, big city amenities and Midwest charm. HCC has been cited by the Chronicle of Higher Education as a “Great College to Work For.” You can also learn more about our community at the following websites: Bloomington-Normal Area Convention and Visitors’ Bureau, and McLean County Chamber of Commerce.